UX Designer, EU Customer Experience
- London, United Kingdom
Come join our UX team within Amazon's International Technology org (INTech), based in Madrid, Spain!
Amazon strives to be Earth's most customer centric company, and INTech owns defining and delivering Amazon's cutting-edge engineering to customers and cultures across Europe. We do this by developing our own customer-facing features, services and platforms based on custom European needs, and through partnerships with other Amazon teams around the world.
As a UX Designer within our team you will have significant impact on Amazon's European customer experience. You will partner with Amazon teams worldwide to make end-to-end improvements to Amazon's website and app shopping experience. You will collaborate with product managers, engineers, and other UX designers, leading the design vision and project deliverables from rough sketch through to launch. The ideal candidate for this role loves to visualize an experience in the abstract, dive into customer research and data, break down complex use cases, and then drive their vision into deliverables that masterfully combine detail and storytelling.
If you enjoy designing and building highly innovative customer experiences and solving challenging problems, come join us!
• Create elegant and intuitive user experiences by incorporating user insights, business requirements and technical constraints.
• Ability to work efficiently and demonstrate a bias for action in a fast-paced, ambiguous environment.
• Quickly and iteratively create user flows, wireframes, prototypes, high fidelity mockups with detailed design specifications for mobile, and web and app interfaces throughout the design process.
• Independently deliver UX solutions for problems of medium-to-large scope and complexity. Work through ambiguity, and adapt your approach to meet the needs of multiple stakeholders.
• Be a champion for user-centered design by testing your solutions in front of users; and be willing to build lightweight prototypes, conduct scrappy and quick user testing on your own if required.
• Excellent communication, interpersonal, and analytical skills, including the ability to present design concepts clearly and persuasively to colleagues, partners, and stakeholders.
If you are interested in joining our team, please send us your resume in English and portfolio. Here are a couple of things that we would love to see in your portfolio:
• Short project descriptions
• Wireframes/mockups/sketches, anything that helps us understand your process
• Final design artifacts
• At least 5 years of experience as a user experience designer, interaction designer, information architect, or similar role
• An online portfolio or samples of work demonstrating experience creating great user-centered design solutions is a requirement for application
• Fluent in English, excellent communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills
• Proven track record presenting to and influencing management
• Experience working in a collaborative team and working directly with developers for implementation of designs
• Ability to work gracefully and have a bias for action in a fast-paced, sometimes ambiguous environment
• Ability to drive the design review cycle and close on design requirements independently
• Familiarity with the technical considerations needed when designing for mobile spaces
• Bachelor's degree in design, human-computer interaction (HCI), or equivalent professional experience
• Proficiency with design and prototyping tools such as Figma, Sketch, Photoshop, XD etc.
Please submit your resume in English and include link to your online portfolio.
• Experience designing, guiding, and implementing formal and informal usability studies
• Experience designing mobile web, and/or on-device mobile applications
• Visual design expertise demonstrated through mockups and style guides.
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We value your passion to discover, invent, simplify and build. Protecting your privacy and the security of your data is a longstanding top priority for Amazon. Please consult our Privacy Notice to know more about how we collect, use and transfer the personal data of our candidates.
All offers are conditional on references, verification of the right to work in the UK, and successful background screening check. This will include previous employment verification, qualification verification (if relevant) and a relevant criminal check.
Back to top