Are you obsessed with customer behavior? The Amazon Wedding Registry team is seeking a passionate and customer-centric UX Designer to raise the bar for our customers. This is a huge opportunity to think big about delivering exciting and engaging features, beautiful visuals, and elegant new experiences for some of Amazon's most passionate customers!
You'll get to work closely with design teams across Amazon on many different user experiences across the website from product discovery to product detail pages and landing pages for new programs and for every form factor: desktop, mobile, tablet and voice. You will work with multiple facets of design, from designing user interfaces from individual widgets to full page layouts, working on branding of new programs and daily production visuals. From icons to full bleed photography.
As our UX designer, you will be a key team member within a team of experienced cross-disciplinary staff to conceive and design innovative consumer products. Many of our experiences are incredibly visual, and we are looking for a designer interested in pushing the boundaries of Amazon design to build amazing digital experiences. You'll think strategically about how to solve customer challenges, be inventive about creating new digital experiences and features, and contribute your big ideas. You will collaborate across the company in an agile working environment working with product managers, the technical team, user research, and other designers to present your bold design concepts.
Who you are:
You are someone who known for being passionate about design. You have a strong creative vision as well as hands-on interaction and visual design skills to translate your vision into successful products and features. You're able to operate independently to create visually stunning designs and interactive prototypes for a technical team, as well as give multimedia demos and presentations to communicate your vision. You're also not afraid to do a little guerilla usability at a moment's notice. You have an established background in creating customer-facing experiences, have a strong visual design portfolio, can balance mobile and web experiences equally, use excellent project management skills, and great communication skills, and you're a strong collaborator. Experience collaborating with developers is a must.
- Excellent communication (written and spoken), presentation, and interpersonal skills
- Ability to collaborate effectively across teams as well as an ability to drive closure to indecision and/or conflict.
- Excellent communication, presentation, interpersonal and analytical skills; the ability to communicate complex concepts clearly and persuasively across different audiences and varying levels of the organization.
- High UX design quality standards. You "design like you're right, and listen like you're wrong".
- Ability to create and test high fidelity prototypes, as well as document and present your findings.
- Ability to "think big" – you design simple and elegant solutions to complex UX problems. You whip up concepts and can support your brilliant ideas with data.
- The ability to manage ambiguity and work autonomously
- The ability to meet ambitious deadlines and deliver high-quality work on schedule
- An online portfolio or samples of work demonstrating stunning experiences is a requirement for application
- Bachelor's degree in graphic design or equivalent professional experience
- 7+ years of experience as a UX designer designing mobile, web, and/or other on-device applications
- A portfolio that demonstrates stylistic breadth for diverse media (web/mobile/brand)
- Visual design expertise demonstrated through mockups and style guides
- Track record of good time management, prioritizing projects and estimating work
- Ability to prototype in Axure, InVision, HTML, Sketch, Framer or similar
- Experience with usability
- Ecommerce experience
- Visual design experience
Meet Some of Amazon's Employees
Senior UX Designer
Mae integrates human-centered design into tools that enable business partners to operate efficiently and intuitively. She analyzes customer needs and pain points to improve designs.
Back to top