UX Designer - Device and Services Design Group
Amazon's Device and Services Design Group has launched revolutionary products like Kindle, Fire Tablets, Fire TV and Echo along with a range of content and services like Amazon Instant Video, and Alexa voice commands. Are you interested in joining the team to lead Amazon's next innovation?
Our Digital Products team is looking for a UX Designer with impeccable craft and attention to detail to help build the next big product that will offer an exciting way for families to interact with home media and information. You will contribute to a product vision, design connected experiences for digital, mobile, and home space, and deliver the interaction and visual design building blocks.
Join a multidisciplinary team of extraordinary UX designers, technologists, animators, and industrial designers. We are equal parts thinkers and doers, analysts and artists, designers and customers. Our goal is to ship both revolutionary and evolutionary products we are proud to use ourselves. This role is based in Seattle, WA.
What we're looking for:
UX Designer with strategic design background, hybrid IXD / VD toolkit, and exceptional problem-solving skills to thrive within a fast-paced, collaborative, startup-like environment.
- Showcase simple design solutions for complex problems using UI models, conceptual diagrams, user stories, wireframes, storyboards, visual mockups, and simple prototypes.
- Build and maintain a design language system with UX principles, interaction patterns, UI components, and functional specifications for internal and third party developers
- Manage the design process by setting people's expectations, driving decisions, and tracking issues.
- Articulate design work and rationale to teams, peers, and executives for review and feedback
- Collaborate with a team of designers, production artists and creative directors to deliver high-quality, scalable, on-brand graphic solutions to build a superior customer experience.
- Produce templates, layouts, themes, typography, and visual standards for our device eco-system
- Provide and manage design documentation, style guides, and specifications.
- Bachelor's degree in UX Design or related design discipline.
- 3-5 years of experience as a UX designer, UI designer, information architect, or similar role.
- An online portfolio or samples of work that demonstrate your design thinking, process, and solutions as it relates to web-based tools, mobile applications, and consumer electronics.
- Excellent people, project, and time management skills to perform as a project leader or individual contributor in a collaborative team environment
- Excellent communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills with fluency in English.
- Passion for crafting and creating products that bring value to consumer's daily life, one detail at a time.
- Ability to work efficiently and demonstrate a bias for action in a fast-paced, sometimes ambiguous environment
- Proficiency with design and prototyping tools such as Photoshop, Illustrator, Sketch, Dreamweaver
- Knowledge of usability principles and techniques
- Experience creating mockups and style guides
- Background in publishing web sites and ability to maintain once published
- Proficiency with web and mobile accessibility standards
- Web design expertise
- Interaction design expertise
- Visual design expertise
- Storyboarding experience
- Prototyping experience
Meet Some of Amazon's Employees
Senior UX Designer
Mae integrates human-centered design into tools that enable business partners to operate efficiently and intuitively. She analyzes customer needs and pain points to improve designs.
Back to top