UX Designer (Contract)
- Bengaluru, India
The Kindle Content team for India is seeking a talented and customer-obsessed Senior UX Designer to join the team. The position is flexible between Chennai and Bangalore.
We are looking for a big-thinking, yet detail-oriented, individual to drive the evolution of our core book purchasing and reading experiences. This is an opportunity to use your systems-thinking design skills to shorten the distance between our customers and the Kindle content they love.
As a Senior UX Designer, you will create elegant, intuitive user experiences that meet the evolving needs of our customers across multiple platforms and use cases. A successful candidate will be able to explore and translate complex interactions into simple, engaging solutions and be able to communicate those solutions verbally as well as through sketches, user flows, wireframes, hi-fi mocks and functional prototypes. Candidates must be responsive, flexible and able to succeed in a fast-paced, collaborative environment without supervision. This position requires autonomous thinking as well as maturity to think customer backward. The candidate should be able to do qualitative research to take design decisions.
You will work collaboratively with product managers, engineers and other cross functional teamsseeing and championing design throughout the planning and development lifecycle.
• Create user flows, wireframes, prototypes, high fidelity mockups and detailed UI and visual design specifications for web, mobile web and app interfaces
• Understand target users deeply: develop or work from user profiles and conduct task analysis, create user scenarios or use stories
• Be a champion for user testing by partnering with researchers to get your solutions in front of customers; and be willing to conduct scrappy, around-the-office user testing on your own if required
• Contribute to user interface design and development best practices and standards at Amazon
• Partner with strategic product management teams and highly technical development teams to support product launches.
• Minimum of 5 years of experience as a user experience designer, interaction designer, information architect or similar role
• Experience working on B2C products
• An online portfolio or samples of work demonstrating experience creating great user-centered design solutions and UI design expertise. Must illustrate solving for multi-platform UX challenges and demonstrate scalable, user-friendly design solutions
• Bachelor's degree in design, human-computer interaction (HCI) or equivalent professional experience
Experience in a variety of design and prototype tools such as Sketch, Invisionapp, Photoshop, Illustrator and InDesign
• A passion for books
• Strong information architecture skills
• Relevant work experience in the e-commerce payments space
Back to top