UX Designer, Alexa Skills Delivery
"Alexa, find me an awesome designer!"
Come invent the future of device interaction with us and the rest of the world. Sound fun? Then the Alexa Skills Kit (ASK) Tech team wants to talk to you. We and the thousands of developers we empower are leading the way to new types of voice-driven and blended experiences across Amazon's products and services—like Amazon Echo, Amazon Fire TV and Amazon Dash. Our mission is to push the envelope of what is possible and how far device experiences can go.
As a UX Designer on the Alexa Skills Kit, you will define and drive spoken language and multimodal interfaces for Amazon and third-party development partners. How cool is that?!
You are a people-focused innovator. You are extremely proactive, as you will regularly find yourself in uncharted territory where the key to your success will be anticipating the future. You are a collaborator, and will be working side-by-side with design and engineering team members to bring your designs to life.
We are looking for a designer who can:
- Excel at communicating and documenting design
- Use standard methods and techniques to produce UX artifacts for given design situations
- Combine experience, research, and analysis of information and data to inform UX improvement
- Appreciate great end-to-end experiences, paying attention to flow, context, microinteractions, performance, and change
- Start simple while not losing sight of the long-term vision
- Thrive in a nimble, flexible environment
- Communicate clearly and think quickly
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation
- 2+ years of professional experience as a production designer
- Web and mobile design experience
- Bachelor's Degree in a design field or equivalent professional experience.
- Skill set that includes multiple design capabilities
- Experience working with other disciplines including product management, engineering, and marketing
- Experience shipping products
- Professional portfolio of UX design
- Experience with voice or multimodal speech interfaces
- Experience with agile/scrum
- Design principles, practices, and philosophies that span business, technology, and design
- Unwavering attention to detail with an acute awareness that everything counts
- Relentless desire for innovation, balanced with business needs, and customer expectations
- Committed to learning and expanding professional and technical knowledge.
- Background in script writing, creative writing, or game design is a plus
Meet Some of Amazon's Employees
Senior UX Designer
Mae integrates human-centered design into tools that enable business partners to operate efficiently and intuitively. She analyzes customer needs and pain points to improve designs.
Back to top