UX Designer, Alexa Skills
Are you passionate about enabling creation with innovative technologies like NLP, multimodal UI, and connected devices? Fascinated by Amazon Alexa, the brain behind Amazon Echo? The Amazon Alexa team is looking for a talented UX Designer to work on end-to-end developer experience for building skills using the Alexa Skills Kit.
As a great candidate, you are driven by the ideas of structure and flow for the application creation process. You will study developer behaviors and transform them into world-class experiences that are highly functional and intuitive. You are a proactive and critical thinker that works creatively through the inherent challenges of the product research and development process. And you thrive as part of a cross-functional team of start-up proportions, while maintaining a big picture perspective.
We are looking for a designer who can:
- Use rock-solid methods and techniques to produce the right UX artifacts for every given design situation
- Confidently explain to stakeholders and partners the design rationale used to create solutions
- Combine experience, research, and analysis of information and data to inform UX improvement
- Appreciate and pursue great end-to-end experiences, paying attention to flow, context, microinteractions, performance, and change
- Speak authoritatively on concepts of UX design in daily iterations with product managers, engineers, and testers
- Start simple while not losing sight of the long-term vision
- Thrive in a nimble, start-up like environment
- Communicate clearly and think quickly
- 3+ years of professional experience as an interactive designer/user experience designer; proficiency in applying principles of human-computer interaction
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent professional experience.
- User experience design skill set including data-driven analytics capabilities, and a working understanding of web application technologies
- Experience working cross-team and synthesize feedback and input from product management, engineering, and marketing
- Professional portfolio of design that demonstrates creativity, problem-solving, and ability to ship
- Experience presenting to and effectively advising senior management
- Degree in design or related fields preferred
- Fluency in written English
- Ability to prototype voice user experiences with available tools
- Ability to perform data analysis
- Experience with agile/scrum
- Experience designing for multiple modalities and domains
- A strong set of principles, practices, and philosophies that span business, technology, and design and the ability to use and present them with eloquence and precision.
- Experience shipping innovative, successful consumer voice products
- Unwavering attention to detail with an acute awareness that everything counts
- Relentless desire for innovation, balanced with business needs, and customer expectations
- Committed to learning and expanding professional and technical knowledge
- Tenacity, diplomacy, and a sense of humor.
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation
Meet Some of Amazon's Employees
Senior UX Designer
Mae integrates human-centered design into tools that enable business partners to operate efficiently and intuitively. She analyzes customer needs and pain points to improve designs.
Back to top