Amazon Kindle is the world's most beloved digital brand for reading. The Kindle Content Design team—the folks who design content creator, customer reading, purchasing and discoverability experiences across platforms and devices—is seeking a talented, creative, and customer-obsessed User Experience Designer to join team in our downtown Seattle, WA location.
You are highly collaborative and will work closely with a team of passionate designers, user researchers, product managers, and developers to create the interaction flows, visual style, and assets to create next generation experiences for interactive learning content. You will create engaging customer-focused experiences that will help people discover, purchase, distribute, consume, and study educational materials. Your work will directly help a wide variety of learners and educators across the educational domains of personal interest, professional development, and higher education.
- Contribute to the design of useful, usable, and desirable user interfaces in a team environment.
- Create user-centered designs by considering market segment analysis, customer feedback, site metrics, and usability findings.
- Use business requirements and customer research to assist in developing scenarios, use cases, and high-level requirements.
- Design the visual style, interface, and interaction flow of applications and experiences.
- Develop conceptual diagrams, wireframes, visual mockups, click-throughs, and prototypes.
- Develop and maintain detailed user-interface specifications and design patterns.
- Present design work to the user experience team, product team, and Amazon executives for review and feedback.
- At least 5 years of experience as a user experience designer, interaction designer, hybrid designer, or similar role.
- An online portfolio or samples of work demonstrating experience creating beautiful, user-centered design solutions is a requirement for application.
- A strong track record of iterative design, working closely with customers and peers and developers from inception through implementation.
- Ability to drive the design review cycle and close on design requirements independently
- Fluency in best practices for mobile and tablet design, as well as strong knowledge of usability principles and techniques.
- Bachelor's degree in design, human-computer interaction (HCI), or equivalent professional experience.
- A passion for education, books and writing.
- Excellent communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills.
- Great eye for visual design and layout.
- Ability to work gracefully and have a bias for action in a fast-paced, sometimes ambiguous environment.
- Deep experience in web and native apps and mobile first design approaches.
- Past experience in designing and launching new v1 consumer products in new markets.
- Ability to create lightweight prototypes to test ideas.
- Experience with designing professional UX design in addition to consumer UX.
- Learn more about Kindle at www.amazon.com/kindle
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation.
Meet Some of Amazon's Employees
Senior UX Designer
Mae integrates human-centered design into tools that enable business partners to operate efficiently and intuitively. She analyzes customer needs and pain points to improve designs.
Back to top