We are looking for a Design Manager with a passion to solve complex UX challenges in the AI/ML portfolio. This Design Manager will join our rapidly growing design team starting with 5-7 direct reports the first year, and have significant impact on our business leading multiple AI services including Monitron, Lookout for Equipment, Lex, Comprehend, Translate, Transcribe, and more. This is an incredible opportunity for a design manager looking to acquire deep domain expertise in AI/ML.
Throughout the strategy, design, and development lifecycle, the Design Manager will work collaboratively with leaders from design, engineering, product management, and executives.
Inclusive Team Culture
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon's culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
Mentorship & Career Growth
We care about your career growth too. Once you join the team, you and your manager will jointly craft a career plan and you'll review it regularly to ensure you're on track to meet your goals. Whether your goals are to explore new technologies, take on bigger opportunities, or get to the next level, we'll help you get there. Our business is growing fast and our people will grow with it.
It's not about how many hours you spend at home or at work; it's about the flow you establish that brings energy to both parts of your life. We believe striking the right balance between your personal and professional life is critical to life-long happiness and fulfillment. We offer flexibility in working hours and encourage you to find your own balance between your work and personal lives.
• Create the vision for developing, communicating, and implementing the user experience design for multiple products across platforms; follow through with the processes and tactics to implement the vision
• Lead a team of product designers to create useful, usable, and desirable products in a team environment
• Guide teams to understand customers and their needs through market analysis, customer research, and feedback.
• Coach a team of product designers to use business requirements to assist in developing use cases and high-level requirements
• Help the design team with planning, prioritizing, and overseeing initiatives; manage projects; ensure that all designs are executed on time and at the highest quality levels; manage and scope team initiatives, set priorities, and direct the team to ensure timely delivery
• Collaborate with senior leaders from Product Management and Engineering to define the product vision. Present work to the AWS executive team for review and feedback
• 5+ years of managing teams, performance of direct reports, and project deliverables
• 5+ years of industry experience as a user experience designer, interaction designer, information architect, or similar UX-related role
• 5+ years of experience working in direct collaboration with product managers, developers, and stakeholders for implementation of designs
• An online portfolio demonstrating samples of design deliverables is required to apply for this role
• Bachelor's degree or commensurate experience
• Experience leading design teams of 5-10+ direct reports
• Fluency in best practices for web-based information architecture and design, as well as strong knowledge of usability principles and techniques
• Demonstrated ability to influence and lead projects from concept to delivery and ongoing improvement
• Strong verbal communication and presentation skills for presentations with senior leadership
• Proven experience implementing interface patterns for mobile/web products and developing design systems to serve a broader ecosystem of products
• Demonstrated history of acquiring user data (e.g., conducting usability studies, performing user research) and guiding direct reports to do the same
• Experience with UX design for complex workflows for technical customers
• Experience in ownership of projects and communicating timelines and executing independently
• Bachelor or Master's degree in design, human-computer interaction (HCI), or equivalent degree
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/internal/disability/us.