User Researcher FTC 12 months
- Berlin, Germany
Amazon's Customer Service (CS) department is seeking an experienced EU Sr User Researcher to join the team on a FTC for 12 months. The successful candidate will be a key member of the EU CS Data, Insights and Design team. Our mission is to amplify customer feedback and empower the business to continuously improve the customer experience. As the EU Sr User Researcher, you will be responsible for defining and executing on a comprehensive user research roadmap spanning a broad set of experiences and involving multiple types of concurrent user research. Research activities will span from generative work (field work, development of customer models and persona building), evaluative work (usability studies and concept evaluation), to summative research (interfacing with market research to parse through and translate market segmentation data). From a customer perspective, your goal is to highlight and solve Amazon practices that drive unintended consequences or undesirable responses from customers to improve customer satisfaction rates across multiple journeys and customer personas. From a CS perspective, your goal is to bridge the gap between the needs of the business and how our CS associates interact with customers in order to drive quicker and lasting adoption of policies and processes for an improved customer and CS associate experience.
We are looking for an individual contributor who will be responsible for employing best-practice methodologies in order to obtain timely user/system insights. Your insights will inform decision-making and you will regularly interact with our business partners, project/program management and CS leadership to identify relevant research questions, design and implement insightful research studies. You will disseminate and inspire action from the results, ultimately shaping the EU CS experience on behalf of our customers and associates.
This position can be located in any EU CS sites (Cork, Edinburgh, Regensburg, Berlin, Rabat, Cagliari) or corporate site (Paris, Madrid, Milan, Luxembourg, London).
Responsibility for the EU Sr User Researcher which includes but is not limited to:
• Defining the direction and roadmap for the program whilst gaining consensus and clear alignment across Amazon business and CS functions
• Leading large and high impacting projects across Amazon EU CS across multiple or overlapping areas
• Owning the end-to-end research process, implementing and documenting new and improved research approaches, methods and processes
• Performing data analysis to determine key findings and recommendations
• Conceiving creative ideas that are outside-the- box and deliver top-quality, innovative, cohesive deliverables that are customer-focused, simple and intuitive
• Identifying the best method or mix of methods to address research questions, with consideration for timeline and resources
• Regularly looking outward to identify opportunities for improvement and to incorporate advancements in user research methods and tools
The ideal candidate will have:
• End-to-end experience with all aspects of the user research lifecycle (study design, recruiting, moderation, analysis, reporting, communicating, budgeting research)
• Hands-on experience with: lab-based user testing, remote testing, concept evaluation, field research, and survey design
• Experience in best practices for user research and knowledge of what approaches work and which don't
• The ability to communicate complex concepts clearly and persuasively across different audiences and varying levels of the organization
• The ability to manage ambiguity, work autonomously and multi-task in an agile environment
• A clear passion for making a positive impact on customers' lives through your work
• 5+ years of proven success conducting user research, hands-on experience in survey design is a must-have
• A strong portfolio demonstrating past work experience and deliverables with a focus on quantitative methodologies
• Extensive experience operating as an individual contributor in a user research role.
• Experience in customer profiling/creation of personas whilst considering psychological/emotional aspect of experience and processes
• BA/BS in psychology, sociology, anthropology, human computer interaction or related discipline
• Demonstrated ability to effectively interact with users of all ages and diverse backgrounds
• UX Research experience in EU markets
• Experience in conducting user research for Customer Services
• Experience in emotional analysis and design
Back to top