US Softlines Senior Finance Manager
- Seattle, WA
Want to help build Earth's leading e-commerce finance team?
At Amazon, it's our goal to be Earth's most customer-centric company, where customers can find and discover anything they might want to buy online.
To support our continued growth, we are looking for the most exceptional finance professionals to join our US Softlines Finance team in our Seattle, WA offices. US Softlines encompasses a vast and growing range of businesses from multi-billion dollar categories like Apparel, Shoes, Jewelry, Luggage and Watches, our Private Label business, the ShopBop.com subsidiary, and Innovations such as The Drop, Luxury Stores and Made For You.
We are looking for a Senior Finance Manager with proven skills to partner with the Innovation and Tech teams for the US Softlines business. This individual will be responsible for evaluating the economic models of our innovation programs (Luxury Stores, The Drop, Made For You, Treasure Truck), modelling complex financial trade-offs and the impact of tech innovations on the business and identifying opportunities for further investment. This position will be located in Seattle, WA and will lead a team of one two finance managers and two analysts.
This highly visible role requires a candidate with the proven leadership to manage and coach a team, to influence senior stakeholders and steer business conversations to achieve great outcome for Amazon as well as its customers. They should demonstrate high standards, exercise considerable judgement, drive strategy and tactical execution, and deliver high quality written/verbal communications at a senior executive level.
• Managing weekly, monthly and quarterly financial reporting including operational metrics;
• Communicating financial and business results to senior leaders;
• Gathering analytical insights and developing financial frameworks that inform and measure tech investment decisions;
• Evaluating economic models of our start-up initiatives and providing recommendations on how to profitably scale these businesses;
• Performing deep dive analyses to develop recommendations and impact the decision making of senior leadership;
• Develop financial models that allow us to model out the impact of tech changes, quickly identifying opportunities to go-big.
• BA/BS in Finance, Accounting, Business, Economics, or a highly analytical field (e.g., Engineering, Math, and Computer Science)
• 12+ years of finance experience, or master's degree and 8+years of finance experience
• 5+ years of direct management experience
• MBA, CPA and/or CFA
• Experience with people management, and leading high performing teams
• Independent and entrepreneurial attitude showing the ability to work with minimal direction in a fast-paced and rapidly changing environment
• Experience with understanding complex process flows and driving process improvements
• Strong interpersonal skills, including written and oral communication skills
• Strong internal customer focus
• Strong track record of strategic business partnership
• Comfort with ambiguity and a willingness to work with a high degree of autonomy
• Highly analytical, detail oriented with advanced financial modelling and reporting skills
• Strong presentation skills and the ability to guide and influence senior leadership
• Demonstrated financial acumen and analytical capabilities with ability to develop robust financial models to help business partners make sound financial decisions
• Demonstrated ability to meet deadlines while managing multiple priorities in a fast paced, growing and ambiguous environment
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Back to top