US Indirect Tax Compliance Analyst
- Arlington, VA
Amazon is seeking an experienced U.S. Indirect Tax Analyst to join its U.S. Indirect Tax Compliance team in Arlington, Virginia.
The Amazon Tax Department is a fast-paced, team-focused, dynamic environment with great work-life balance. The U.S. Indirect Tax Compliance ("ITC") team is seeking a Tax Analyst to scale with Amazon's growth. The ITC team is dedicated to ongoing improvements and the utilization of tax technology to continually improve its compliance processes.
Primary Responsibilities Include:
• Prepare monthly U.S. indirect tax filings for Amazon and related subsidiaries, including but not limited to, Sales Tax, Use Tax, Gross Receipts taxes, and other similar taxes.
• Research and calculate use tax and other indirect tax accruals.
Provide tax reporting guidance based on research of transaction tax laws and regulations using RIA, CCH and other tools to ensure compliance with state and local indirect tax laws and regulations.
• Prepare basic reconciliation of transaction tax general ledger accounts.
• Develop and implement process improvements across U.S. Indirect Tax compliance.
• Assist with economic incentive reporting requirements and compiling FAS5/ASC450 documentation.
• Develop and communicate metrics for management analysis and ad-hoc requests.
• Network cross-functionally within Tax and with other Amazon business groups, providing tax compliance guidance as needed.
• BS/BA degree in Accounting, Finance, Business, or equivalent experience.
• 2+ years of transaction (indirect, sales) tax experience with a public accounting firm, a major law firm, and/or multinational corporation.
• Detail-oriented, organized and able to deliver on tight timelines.
• Excellent communication skills - both oral and written.
• Ability to champion and implement process improvements.
• Highly motivated and able to work in a fast paced environment.
• MS Excel proficient, including use of advanced Excel functionality).
• Experience with analyzing and reviewing statutes, regulations, and case law, as well as extracting data, and making appropriate filing position recommendations.
• Work effectively in a team environment both within and outside the tax department.
• CPA or equivalent work experience.
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer: Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We value your passion to discover, invent, simplify and build.
Back to top