Amazon Web Services (AWS) obsesses over customers; delivering results for customers is what we do. We are looking for an independent and experienced professional with expertise and experience in leading the development of new financial regulatory standards, translating complex financial regulatory requirements and expectations on the use of technology services into operational solutions, and executing effective senior-level engagement to assist our customers in moving their sensitive, regulated workloads to the cloud.
The successful candidate has specialized experience in a finance ministry, central bank, regulatory authority, or similar body with a deep understanding of the legal and regulatory environment that applies to financial institutions' use of technology services for mission-critical applications. This position will have high visibility at the most senior levels of government agencies, financial institutions, and AWS including frequent interaction with CISOs, CTOs, their staffs, and AWS senior leadership. This role, as part of the AWS Security Assurance team, requires the ability to develop long-term projects and define processes and methods to ensure execution and productivity across multiple internal and external stakeholders, including customers and regulatory agencies.
This position can also work out of our NY office.
- Serve as regulatory expert to AWS and its customers on domestic regulations on outsourcing, cybersecurity, operational resilience, and related domains in the financial services industry.
- Develop and execute long-term regulatory projects and initiatives, which may have broad scope and complexity, for AWS and our financial services customers.
- Create, optimize, and support cross-functional groups and projects.
- Anticipate new or potential laws and regulations for potential impact to AWS and our customers and develop appropriate mitigation and implementation approaches. Escalate and manage escalations as necessary.
Inclusive Team Culture
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and we host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon's culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
Mentorship & Career Growth
Our team is dedicated to supporting new members. We have a broad mix of experience levels and tenures, and we're building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship.
Our team also puts a high value on work-life balance. Striking a healthy balance between your personal and professional life is crucial to your happiness and success here, which is why we aren't focused on how many hours you spend at work or online. Instead, we're happy to offer a flexible schedule so you can have a more productive and well balanced lifeboth in and outside of work.
• Bachelor's degree in related area of study (Finance, Cyber Security, IT Security Management).
• 10+ years of experience in financial regulatory policy, banking or non-banking supervision and examination, or regulatory affairs.
• 10+ years of experience working directly with experience working directly with senior government officials, boards of directors, and executives on financial regulatory, technology, or related policy issues.
• 10+ years of experience implementing and/or influencing national and sectoral laws and regulations.
• Advanced degree in related area of study (Finance, Cyber Security, IT Security Management).
• Highly effective oral, written and interpersonal communication skills; demonstrated ability to effectively and comfortably interact at senior and executive levels.
• Self-starter with proven track record of successfully working with a wide array of functional groups across an organization and cultures as well as working independently.
• Strong analytical and critical thinking skills with the ability to use data to back up assumptions, recommendations and drive actions.
• Ability to investigate and analyze technical and regulatory issues with applicability to AWS services.
• Have an understanding of cloud computing services and deployment architecture.
• Have a record of delivery of compliance process improvement projects with technology processes and/or major tech companies. Experience with IT process consulting is a plus.
• Domestic and global travel may be required 30%-50%.
• Meets/exceeds Amazon's leadership principles requirements for this role
• Meets/exceeds Amazon's functional/technical depth and complexity for this role
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, ethnicity, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Please reach out to Monica Syed (firstname.lastname@example.org) with any questions.