US Federal DoD Sr Marketing Manager
- Agoura Hills, CA
Amazon Services (AWS), a subsidiary of Amazon.com, is seeking a talented, self-directed specialist to drive awareness and of AWS's cloud computing solutions to the US Federal DoD market in the United States in our Arlington (WAS15) or Herndon (IAD28),VA office. This is a unique opportunity to play a key role in an exciting, industry-leading technology business.
This role will be responsible for delivering the content, collateral and customer-facing programs designed to drive further adoption of AWS among technical influencers and decision makers across the US Federal Government. Specifically, the role will be responsible for content development, customer communications, event planning and execution, sales enablement and other field activities, working with the broader organization to oversee successful execution. Successful candidates must be able to recognize the needs of these specialized market segments and use this understanding to create targeted messaging/content and customer facing campaigns.
The ideal candidate has a passion for the public sector, an entrepreneurial spirit, and the ability to quickly grasp technology concepts. Candidate must be able to generate and present content, collateral and sales tools and be well versed in leading edge campaign development and execution.
Roles & Responsibilities
• The development of go-to-market strategies for AWS.
• Build campaigns that address the differing needs of both technical and non-technical users and buyers.
• Craft and develop compelling messaging and tools focused on customers for use on the , at live events and in customer facing programs.
• Work with the federal sales, partner, and business development teams and broader public sector team to distill key functionality and benefits into core messages.
• Define the go-to-market approach an develop awareness programs and lead generation campaigns, spanning , PR and in-person campaigns.
• Identify and execute breakthrough activities that reach target audiences.
• Deliver clear, concise content for websites and media.
• Work closely with and sales teammates to achieve business goals.
• 7+ years of relevant work experience in , communications and/or /high-technology companies/products to public sector IT customers.
• DoD marketing experience required.
• Expert knowledge of creating compelling positioning and content for the federal market.
• Ability to develop effective assets (FAQ's, infographics, etc.)
• Proven success in managing complex and multi-faceted programs with the ability to drive projects through completion and metrics.
• Understanding of federal government decision making process and players
• Knowledge of key issues in the federal market
• The candidate must also be a strong leader and excellent communicator who can drive consensus and articulate recommendations and trade-offs to senior executives.
• Demonstrated ability to work independently and autonomously.
• Presentation and written communication skills.
• Digital background
• Demonstrated ability to tie programs to ROI metrics
• Proven ability to lead event strategy and execution
• A bachelor's degree in , business, technology, or relevant field of study.
Back to top