US Customs Brokerage Compliance Manager
- Nashville, TN
Job Title: US Customs Brokerage Compliance Manager
This role will build upon and manage the oversight of our Customs Brokerage business in the U.S. Amazon Brokerage Services provides import compliance support and direction to our third party Sellers and importers into the United States. As the core Brokerage Oversight Manager, you will work onsite with the customs brokerage entry teams to improve operational efficiency and ensure employees have access to a licensed broker. For new initiatives, you will provide the business with critical SME knowledge and analyses on many topics, including auditing, classification, valuation, licensing requirements, partner government agency (PGA) implications, cost-savings initiatives, etc., on a global scale. To maintain compliance in line with growth in the long term, you will provide training, and create and implement scalable processes with business stakeholders. In executing this role, you will work directly with internal Legal, Logistics, Supply Chain, Tax, Transfer Pricing, Finance and Procurement teams, and a variety of external Amazon partners. You will also work closely with all of Amazon's global trade teams.
We are looking for someone who can:
• Ensure policies are maintained and effectively implemented, and current to evolving US requirements, local regulations and corporate polices/standards.
• Ensure brokerage employees are trained properly, and facilitate ongoing training to keep ahead of regulatory changes
• Facilitate/manage the successful resolution of regulatory challenges through contact/negotiations with US and foreign regulatory agencies.
• Develop and manage an audit program that complies with regulations.
• Oversee regular audits, respond to U.S. Customs requests, entry corrections, manage key compliance indicators, effectively communicate compliance requirements and impact both internally and externally.
• Initiate, monitor and resolve all post entry activity in accordance with client instruction, regulatory requirements and ensure timely submission to U.S. Customs and associated tracking through final closure.
• Expert-level knowledge of HTS classification, valuation, FTA and country of origin determination, ADD/CVD scope determinations.
• Oversee interaction with Partner Government Agencies while staying up-to-date on changes to requirements
• Conduct periodic audits consistent with company policy to determine to ensure customs entry accuracy, timely closure of post-entry corrections, and completeness of all record-keeping requirements.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us .
• 7-10 years of brokerage and compliance experience
• Licensed Customs broker
• Strong SME in import customs requirements
• Working knowledge export compliance requirements
• Ability to accurately identify compliance gaps, perform research, and accurately and succinctly communicate findings and recommendations in written analyses
• Strong project management and verbal communication skills
• Ability to create and utilize metrics and reporting to define program health and progress
• Sound judgement in a fast-paced environment
• Self-starter and independent thinker
• Bachelor's Degree from an accredited institution
• Advanced compliance training, Masters or Law degree is a plus, but is not required
• Experience creating and implementing an internal audit program
Back to top