UPS Battery Maintenance Engineer
At Amazon, we're working to be the most customer-centric company on earth! Amazon is a place where builders can build. We hire the world's brightest minds and offer them an environment in which they can invent and innovate to improve the experience for our customers. If you'd like to help us build a place where you can find and buy anything online, this is the job for you. We are currently seeking an UPS Battery Maintenance Engineer to serve as a technical resource within Amazon data centers.
Ideal candidate will possess the ability to develop, and deploy innovative solutions to address operational challenges focused around the critical need to keep critical infrastructure operating in peak condition. This role requires both independent contribution as well as the ability to work within multi-disciplinary teams. The daily duties of this candidate will include but is not limited to the improvement of electrical infrastructure and its components., Troubleshooting and performing maintenance on Uninterrupted Power Sources, DC Battery Strings, Automatic Transfer Switches, Switchboards and Data Center Mechanical Systems, A fundamental understanding of these systems is required, as the individual will be expected to identify areas for improvement as well as act on data provided from other teams and organizations.
If you are passionate about the Customer Experience; you think and act globally; and you want to contribute to the operational excellence of Amazon.com data centers then this may be the challenge you've been looking for! Only those who have worked within a datacenter environment should apply
- Bachelor's Degree or Technical (Military/ Trade School) Degree and relevant experience
- Experience in maintaining various types of UPS systems; with SME understanding of the components: to include DC Power Hardware, Voltage, Rectifiers, Power Plants & Batteries
- Prepares hardware and equipment to be tested, upgraded and installed,
- Equipment construction of battery racks, power plants and cable tray, or racking systems,
- Performs scheduled and routine test procedures, such as voltage, conductance and resistance tests
- Performs trouble shooting of equipment such as rectifiers, disconnects, power plants and battery plants,
- Repairs minor problems found during the trouble shooting process, installs and upgrades components, parts, cable, equipment, and systems for backup DC Power.
- 3+ Years' experience in Data Center Engineering, Operations, or IT Services
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to maintain customer relationships
- Shows good judgment and instincts in decision-making
- Ability to prioritize in a complex, fast-paced environment
- Proven computer skills – Microsoft office products specifically Excel,
- Experience with CMMS PM scheduling
- Quantitative analytical abilities
- Ability to recognize safety concerns and maintain a safe work environment under NFPA 70e guidelines
- Proven problem solving skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Direct and relevant experience in Data Center Engineering Operations, with a deep understanding of construction/commissioning, electrical, mechanical,
- Understanding of electrical/mechanical best practices, processes, and tools,
- Success driven and sets clear, measurable quality goals for an organization
- Is innovative, can simplify, and has relentlessly high standards
- Track record for being detail-oriented with a demonstrated ability to self-motivate and deliver results
- Ability to accurately follow and complete support procedures, system documentation, and issue tracking entries
- Is proactive and continually improving your level of knowledge about data center relevant technologies
- Thinks big and is a vocal leader!
Meet Some of Amazon's Employees
Senior UX Designer
Mae integrates human-centered design into tools that enable business partners to operate efficiently and intuitively. She analyzes customer needs and pain points to improve designs.
Back to top