Transportation Procurement Program Manager
The Amazon Transportation Services (ATS) Procurement Team is seeking a manager to fill a key position on the centralized sourcing and procurement team. We are looking for a highly motivated leader to assist in analyzing, tracking and forecasting procurement related costs and data. Duties will also include automating processes and building a scaleable bidding tools.
- Perform and validate project specific analysis to support negotiation with vendors.
- Ad-hoc project analysis for ATS sourcing categories to include dedicated transportation contracts and point-to-point purchases.
- Define methodology, established agreed-upon assumptions, and develop financial models to forecast spend for regular and surge purchases.
- Cost and savings tracking/reporting on all spend under management.
- Bachelor's degree required
- 5+ years of complex forecasting and cost tracking experience in Finance, Procurement or Supply Chain in a world class processes forecasting and cost tracking
- Advanced analytical and problem solving skills
- Advanced Excel skills required for modeling
- A work ethic based on a strong desire to exceed expectations
- The candidate must possess a keen attention to detail, the ability to self-motivate and multitask
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to present ideas to a group of senior level managers
- The successful candidate will also have demonstrated ability to meet deadlines while managing multiple projects in a fast paced environment
- Advanced SQL and Access skills a plus
- Experience working successfully in a fast-paced, results-oriented environment
- Ability to influence the decisions of senior business leaders through effective verbal and written communication and logical reasoning
Amazon offers competitive packages including comprehensive health care, 401(k), restricted stock units, growth potential and a challenging and exciting work environment.
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation.
Meet Some of Amazon's Employees
Senior UX Designer
Mae integrates human-centered design into tools that enable business partners to operate efficiently and intuitively. She analyzes customer needs and pain points to improve designs.
Back to top