Transportation Procurement and Strategy Manager
This role will focus on leading carrier negotiations, developing consistent negotiation methodology, and delivering results through improved financial results, delivery performance, or capacity. This role will be expected to manage multiple negotiations, concurrently, directly and indirectly through a team. This leader will be expected to contribute significantly to overall transportation strategy and ensure that carrier relationships and contracts support the long-term strategy. Successful candidates will have a strong track-record of delivering successful negotiations at significant scale ($200M or more in total spend), senior leadership involvement with external vendors, and thought leadership within procurement and/or transportation.
Needed Skills and Abilities:
- Negotiator: Demonstrated success delivering improved financial performance through large scale negotiations for services contracts.
- Leader: Significant experience leading teams and track record of consistently delivering valuable projects
- Strategist: Track-record of leading strategy for individual procurement projects and the overall procurement function to support all the goals of the business, not just financial goals.
- Doer: Ability to successfully deliver end-to-end contract projects, working through the many obstacles along the way
- Communicator: Ability to communicate expectations and requirements equally well with external and internal leadership teams, and capacity to write well-reasoned and data-driven proposals, performing your own data analysis as necessary
- Problem Solver: Ability to utilize exceptional problem-solving skills to work through difficult challenges
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited university or 2+ years of experience with Amazon
- 5+ years in a procurement capacity.
- 5+ years experience negotiating multi-million dollar contracts.
- 2+ years experience with postal authorities within the US or around the world is strongly preferred.
- 5+ years experience working with cross functional teams across multiple business lanes.
- 5+ years of experience creating, defining, and implementing procurement strategy
- Ability to perform data analysis using MS Excel and/or SQL.
- 5+ years of advanced Microsoft Excel skills
- MBA, MS or MA (Logistics, Supply Chain, Engineering, Mathematics or Equivalent)
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation
Meet Some of Amazon's Employees
Senior UX Designer
Mae integrates human-centered design into tools that enable business partners to operate efficiently and intuitively. She analyzes customer needs and pain points to improve designs.
Back to top