Transportation Ops Manager- Avenel, NJ
An ideal candidate has a background in transportation and excellent program management skills. He/she has the ability to lead and mentor people; analyze data and make sound recommendations in an often ambiguous environment. One of the main responsibilities in this role is to standardize and improve processes; while analyzing and eliminating root cause of defects within the current systems. This job will require exceptional communication skills and the ability to influence change at a local (facility) and global level.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Manage and develop a team of 4-8 employees to carry out daily tasks to ensure exceptional transportation services.
- Strategic planning and forecasting, appraise performance, resolve problems, and address staffing needs.
- Responsible for the overall quality, performance and customer service of the US-based team; which provides continual, tactical communication with external customers (Carriers, Vendors/Suppliers) and internal customers (Retail, Finance, Software Support, Fulfillment Centers).
- Ability to scope out business and functional requirements for the Amazon tech teams who create and enhance the software systems and tools we use
- Work within various time constraints to meet critical business needs; while measuring and identifying activities performed.
- Ability to develop and share best practices with our Global Transportation Operations teams
- Ability to work some weekend shifts as needed (this team provides tactical support to Amazon's fulfillment network 7 days/week).
- A completed Bachelor's Degree from an accredited university or 2+ years of Amazon experience
- MS Office experience required, with intermediate level in: Excel, SQL or Access
- Experience querying data and developing performance metrics
- Knowledge of Lean and Six Sigma methodologies
- 5+ years' experience managing or supervising teams
- MBA or Master's Degree in: Engineering, Operations, Logistics or related fields
- 4+ years' experience in manufacturing, transportation, customer service and/or distribution environments
- Expertise in Lean and Six Sigma methodologies
- Ability to handle changing priorities and use good judgment in stressful situations
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation.
Meet Some of Amazon's Employees
Senior UX Designer
Mae integrates human-centered design into tools that enable business partners to operate efficiently and intuitively. She analyzes customer needs and pain points to improve designs.
Back to top