- Paris, France
At Amazon we believe that every day is still day one.
A day to take a first step. A day to look forward to new opportunities. And today is that day for you. It's your day to be part of something great. A day to make your ideas come to life. And your day to join a company that redefines itself every day.
We are looking for a Transportation Manager to join our team!
As an integral part of the Amazon Transportation Services (ATS) team, the Transportation Manager works a geographical transportation market. The ideal candidate is a key enabler for the development and growth of the programs in the region, and continually identifies operational, service, and process improvements in relation to customer experience enhancement in a cost effective environment. The ATS team works with Amazon's FCs, Sort Centers, Delivery Stations, Supply Chain, Customer Service, Retail and Finance teams and externally with service providers, offering business and logistics expertise to ensure optimal delivery of service solutions. This role will also enjoy cross regional and international exposure.
• Design and build transportation capacity strategy with a 1-2 year horizon, and carrier allocation to secure sufficient capacity especially for Prime week and Peak season and overall drive success on costs, reliability, services, safety
• Promotes continuous improvement initiatives with performance team, carriers, operations to improve safety, cost efficiency, reliability, high standard service and sustainability
• Coordinate the business relationships with carriers spanning resolution of operational issues to supporting commercial and contractual negotiations
• Cross-functional work with the Supply Chain, Warehouses and the Retail organizations to determine future demand for Transportation resources. Translate the aforementioned into accurate capacity plans and coordinate market strategy and budget planning along with senior Finance partners
• Maintain accurate reporting on key metrics for the market, prepare and coordinate regular business reviews with leadership and internal stakeholders (WBR/MBR/QBR)
• Work across the EU in a cross-functional environment
• 6+ year's working experience ideally gained in Transportation, preferably in a similar role within a logistics provider or retailer
• A degree in Business, Logistics or similar field
• Experienced people manager
• Negotiations / logistics procurement skills / tender management experience
• Professional written skills
• Ability to communicate across all levels of management
• Strong analytical skills
• Fluency in English
• Demonstrated ability to manage multiple sophisticated projects and competing priorities simultaneously
• Experience of delivering results in large, cross-functional initiatives
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We value your passion to discover, invent, simplify and build.
By submitting your resume and application information, you authorize Amazon to transmit and store your information in the Amazon group of companies' world-wide recruitment database, and to circulate that information as necessary for the purpose of evaluating your qualifications for this or other job vacancies.
Back to top