Transportation Area Manager-Vacaville, CA
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer - Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation
At Amazon, we have a peculiar culture built on pioneering into unknown and new frontiers. From selling books to creating the Kindle; from making films to launching faster delivery, Amazon reinvents normal. After selling the first book in 1995, we have grown at an incredible rate and have become the universe's most customer-centric company. By hiring those who take risks and find fulfillment through making the impossible commonplace, Amazon cultivates a culture of innovation. Every employee at Amazon has the power to forge their own path and to have a true impact on the business…and we find that exhilarating!
Read more about us at amazon.com/about
When we hire you at Amazon, we hire for the future. With unlimited career opportunities, Amazon invests in ensuring our teams are always challenged, constantly learning from each other, and are creatively contributing to our next big idea. You will be surrounded by the best innovators of our time and we welcome you to make history with us regardless of minority, female, gender identity, disability, or sexual orientation. We value diversity!
See why diversity is important to us at amazon.com/diversity
ABOUT AMAZON OPERATIONS
Operations is at the heart of Amazon business. We are known for our speed, accuracy, and exceptional service. Our buildings deliver tens of thousands of products to hundreds of countries worldwide, every day. In these key roles, you'll come help us exceed productivity goals and deliver against our customer promises. Our scale is expansive and our presence is growing - some of our centers across the United States and Canada are over 1 million square feet! Our goal is simple: to offer the world's greatest selection of products and services with the world's best customer experience.
Watch videos on our team members at youtube.com/playlist?list=PLu6W86LChii5Lgzcbu8iF8Nc35u_vOtCQ
Amazon's transportation teams work to ensure the delivery of packages globally for customers around the world. On the busiest day, Cyber Monday, Amazon customers around the world have ordered more than 400 items per second and the transportation teams play a critical role ensuring packages make it to customers' doors on-time and in great condition. Whether its items large or small, we find solutions to make sure we are delivering on our promise for customers.
Our Transportation Area Managers are responsible for the day-to-day operations in the Amazon Sort Center network, including inbound, outbound, and sortation operations. They will actively engage with site and regional operations leadership to implement new operational improvements and new services. We expect our managers to continually identify ways to improve our operations.
Key Job Duties
- Oversee the delivery of Amazon orders to customers
- Build, optimize, and assign delivery routes on your shift
- Communicate with and respond to Amazon Customer Service associates on delivery exceptions and requests
- Support Amazon operations leadership team in daily operations management of the building, including route assignment, leading meetings, and communicating with internal and external suppliers.
- Troubleshoot problems through to resolution, escalating as necessary
- Review and update SOPs as required
- Participate in Lean/Kaizen, Black Belt, and other Operational Excellence initiatives
- Ensure compliance throughout the site to global process standards and work on continuous improvement initiatives
- You have a completed bachelor's degree or 2+ years of Amazon experience
- You are authorized to work in the US without sponsorship.
- You take ownership in your work and team and are available to work overtime during Amazon's peak holiday season and as needed year-round. In addition, you are flexible to work on any type of assigned shift (nights, weekends, etc.).
- You pride yourself in leading others; you have direct management experience and have been responsible for your employees' performance.
- You have an eye for efficiency and have experience identifying and executing process improvement initiatives.
- You have a bachelor's degree in Engineering, Operations, or a related field.
- You have over 3 years of management experience in a manufacturing, production or distribution environment.
- You are leader and exhibit that in you every day work. You not only have experience in managing a team of 30+ employees, you also lead process improvements though Lean process, Kaizen, and Six Sigma.
- You have the ability to thrive in an ambiguous environment, and when given a deadline you know how to motivate yourself and meet it.
- You don't hesitate in public speaking or writing a paper. You have strong verbal and written communication skills.
- You enjoy analytical work and using data to provide thought-provoking and workable solutions. Data is what you look to when given a problem to solve.
- You typically volunteer to lead projects and help your team achieve goals. You have a track record of taking ownership and driving results.
- You like adventures and taking risks. You are willing to relocate to any of our sites in the country with the assistance provided.
- You see value in long term thinking and large scale impact to a company. You have interest in developing a long-term career through assignments in multiple operational buildings across the nation.
We are committed to developing a diverse workforce and we are even more committed to working with you to make that happen. Depending on the type of job, you will be required to engage in physical warehouse activities given reasonable accommodation. These activities include the following:
- Lifting and moving material up to 49 pounds each
- Bending, lifting, stretching and reaching both below the waist and above the head
- Frequent walking in the building and around area; facilities are over a quarter mile in length
- Standing and walking for up to 10-12 hours a day
- Ascending and descending ladders, stairs, and gangways safely and without limitation
Meet Some of Amazon's Employees
Senior UX Designer
Mae integrates human-centered design into tools that enable business partners to operate efficiently and intuitively. She analyzes customer needs and pain points to improve designs.
Back to top