- Tempe, AZ
Amazon's Transportation Execution & Systems Team is seeking a Transportation Analyst to join a team that identifies, creates, develops and integrates innovative solutions that lead to improvements in our North American transportation network. Amazon transportation encompasses all of the operations that deliver worldwide shipments to and from our fulfillment centers and third party locations. The Network Operations Center needs exceptionally talented, bright, and driven people to design, develop, and improve our transportation systems.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Communicate analysis and insights to stakeholders and business leaders, both verbally and in writing.
• Create and maintain tools and reports that support both Senior leadership as well as Operators at the site level
• Design new metrics and enhance existing metrics to support the future state of business processes and ensure sustainability and scalability
• Enable effective decision making by retrieving and aggregating data from multiple
• Drive continuous improvement by identifying ways to streamline processes and reduce wastesources and compiling it into a digestible and actionable format
• Maintain/update internal documentation for internal training and reference
• A completed Bachelor's Degree from an accredited university, or equivalent experience
• Proficient in MS Office required with advanced knowledge in Excel (vlookup, pivot tables, macros, etc)
• 1+ year of experience in analytics and experience in creating and managing advanced models using SQL and Microsoft Excel
• 1+ years of Analyst experience
• 2+ years experience supporting large scale transportation programs
• Degree in Engineering, Operations, Logistics or related field
• 2+ years of work experience in logistics/transportation industry
• Expertise in MS Access and SQL
• Proficiency using Python programming language
• Proficiency in Lean and Six Sigma
• Experience in manufacturing, transportation, customer service, and/or distribution environments.
• Data management & data quality control experience with experience pulling and analyzing large sets of data
• Demonstrated experience using data to drive root cause elimination and process improvement.
• Ability to work independently in a fast-paced environment.
• Excellent communication skills.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Back to top