Trans Specialist Lead, NOC
Amazon's Transportation Operations team is seeking a highly skilled and motivated Transportation Specialist to assist in the management of daily freight movements flowing into and out of our North American fulfillment centers and our associated fulfillment network. This is an exciting opportunity to join a new team in a huge growth area for Amazon.
An ideal candidate has a background in transportation and excellent program management skills. He/she has the ability to pull and analyze data with ease, drive process improvements, standardize our processes and eliminate the root cause of defects within the current systems. This job will require exceptional communication skills while having the ability to work independently in a high pressure environment.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Continual, tactical communication with external customers (Carriers, Vendors/Suppliers) and internal customers (Retail, Finance, Software Support, Fulfillment Centers).
- Excellent communication, both verbal and written as you will be required to create a narrative outlining your weekly findings and the variances to goals, and present these finding in a review forum.
- Work within various time constraints to meet critical business needs, while measuring and identifying activities performed.
- Lead initiatives to re-engineer business processes and identify and eliminate root causes of defects in order to drive efficiency in Amazon's transportation operations.
- Must be able to systematically escalate problems or variance in the information and data to the relevant owners and teams and follow through on the resolutions to ensure they are delivered.
- Ability to pull data from numerous databases (using Excel, Access, SQL and/or other data management systems) and to perform ad hoc reporting and analysis as needed.
- Develop performance metrics to assist with driving business results.
- Ability to scope out business and functional requirements for the Amazon tech teams who create and enhance the software systems and tools we use.
- Must be able to quickly understand the business impact of the trends and make decisions that make sense based on available data.
- A completed Bachelor's Degree from an accredited university, or 2+ yrs Amazon work experience
- MS Office experience required, with intermediate level in Excel
- Knowledge of Lean and Six Sigma methodologies
- Must be flexible to work some weekend shifts as needed, as this team provides tactical support to Amazon's fulfillment network 7 days/week
- Degree in Engineering, Operations, Logistics or related field
- 2+ years work experience in logistics/transportation industry
- Expertise in MS Access and SQL
- Proficiency in Lean and Six Sigma
- Experience in manufacturing, transportation, customer service, and/or distribution environments.
- Data management & data quality control experience with experience pulling and analyzing large sets of data
- Demonstrated experience using data to drive root cause elimination and process improvement.
- A self-starter who loves data and who enjoys spotting the trends in it!
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation
Meet Some of Amazon's Employees
Senior UX Designer
Mae integrates human-centered design into tools that enable business partners to operate efficiently and intuitively. She analyzes customer needs and pain points to improve designs.
Back to top