Training & Certification Publishing Manager
Amazon's AWS Training & Certification team is seeking a smart, customer-obsessed, detail-oriented training content publishing Manager to lead overall launch editing, publishing and localization efforts for training and certification content release initiatives.
As the Publishing Manager, you will be responsible for developing and executing the publishing strategy for new courses, exams, and programs for customers, partners, and employees. The need to collaborate across various functions to publish content requires seamless coordination between Curriculum, Certification, Delivery, Infrastructure, and Marketing. You manage the overall AWS Training and Certification content roadmap, dashboard and tools for publishing content. You work with key stakeholders to define and manage editing, publishing and localization efforts, and partner closely with the marketing Release Manager to enable successful execution of marketing communications, assets, and campaigns. A significant part of this role will be to develop and drive continuous process improvement initiatives so that the business can continue to scale its pace of innovation, to include publishing tools. The right candidate is comfortable with planning and executing on various stages of marketing program and campaigns; has proven project management expertise and outstanding written and verbal communication skills; demonstrated experience working effectively in a fast-paced, high-pressure entrepreneurial environment with a strong desire to roll up your sleeves; and proven experience managing priorities and working effectively across a number of internal stakeholders.
This position maintains and manages all process and procedures in an agile content development life cycle to coordinate successful publishing of all products/programs in the AWS Training and Certification team. You will manage and lead a team of four, 1 localization manager, 2 publishers and 1 editor.
Primary role purpose includes the following:
- Develop and maintain processes and procedure leveraging an agile development life cycle to manage workflow.
- Ensure coordinated scheduling and timely completion of the publishing activities/ initiatives across all work streams – Development, Delivery, training partners, marketing, internal stakeholders etc.
- Manage milestones and drive releases to on-time delivery and completion, allowing for successful implementation across all regions.
- Manage timelines and coordinate all activities to localize training courses for global rollout.
- Ensure relevant contingency planning, and processes that ensure customer experiences not affected in the event of a problem.
- Communicates content release date and is the lesion between curriculum managers, marketing and communications.
- Provides direct input to the master schedule of content publishing and release activities and initiatives for all solutions, ensuring that all interdependencies are identified and factored into the master schedule.
- Seek out cross-project synergies and ensure leveraged opportunities across all initiatives.
- 5 to 10 years of related work experience in customer service and project/product management.
- 5+ years experience working in a training/education team, coordinating or administering training development or events.
- 5+ years direct people management experience
- BA/BS or equivalent combination
- PMP, PgMP, and/or Six Sigma certification is preferred.
- Previous Training Curriculum Development experience is preferred
- Desire and commitment to work in a fast-paced, ever changing and mission critical environment.
- Demonstrated excellent communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to successfully manage complex projects from planning through deployment.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively interact with all levels of management and staff.
- Possess the ability to work on and supervise multiple initiatives under continual deadline constraints.
- Possess a high level of initiative and ability to work independently but at the same time; work well in a team environment
Amazon.com is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation.
Meet Some of Amazon's Employees
Senior UX Designer
Mae integrates human-centered design into tools that enable business partners to operate efficiently and intuitively. She analyzes customer needs and pain points to improve designs.
Back to top