The Sort Center Trainer works with operations managers, area managers, production assistants and associates. Constantly improves the long-term capabilities of the area to which he/she is assigned.
The ideal candidate will measure production quality and quantity and applies learning tools to improve both. Maintains expert-level knowledge in at least two production departments; evaluates and improves processes within work areas; refines learning tools and techniques across the SC; assists in measuring the effectiveness of learning; measures impact of his/her development efforts; improves associates' job-related skills; develops, maintains and applies learning tools (methods, checklists and skill building agreements) to encourage associate development. Identifies areas for associate cross training and support and implements the\ training to support the objective; supports the updating of SOPs and SOP certification of associates and managers; assists in driving success of peak and non-peak training plans.
Excellent communication skills
- Comfortable talking in front of a group as well as one-on-one with an individual
- Able to give and receive feedback effectively
- Can drive understanding (i.e. using visual aids, able to recognize when a group or individual is lost and needs more attention)
Ability to follow up
- Always meets time commitments and deadlines, is goal oriented
- Checks and tests for understanding
- Gives insight to area managers
Proven people skills
- Works hard for the success of others, constantly remains "customer obsessed"
- Demonstrates a positive "can do" demeanor and has fun and gains energy from working with others
- Is an active listener
Is a technical expert
- Demonstrated ability to consistently function at 100% of expectations
- Understands upstream and downstream variances
- Is able to use resources to expand knowledge and can answer tough questions
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint) and Outlook
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Prior training, teaching or presentation experience
- Willingness to work different shifts
- Shift hours for this position may be different from the standard production shifts
- Willingness to work in different areas as required by training needs
- Excellent attendance
- Candidates must be very organized and able to handle multiple and changing projects/priorities
- Willingness to participate in and support the Operational Excellence initiatives
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Vet
Meet Some of Amazon's Employees
Senior UX Designer
Mae integrates human-centered design into tools that enable business partners to operate efficiently and intuitively. She analyzes customer needs and pain points to improve designs.
Back to top