At Amazon, we strive to be Earth's most customer-centric company where people can find and discover anything they want to buy online. In Amazon IT services, we hire the world's brightest minds, offering them an environment in which they can relentlessly improve the experience for customers.
We are looking for an experienced Technical Program Manager who will drive the delivery of integration of IT services and infrastructure to Amazon's corporate stack and who can shape the future of IT integration deployments globally.
Your day-to-day responsibilities will be to drive cross-disciplinary teams to deliver these integrations as well as developing and maturing the best practices standards and mentoring and coaching of other TPM's and PM's. You will interact cross-functionally as well as regular contact with senior leadership and executives both of acquired companies and their sponsoring teams within Amazon.
The right candidate possesses a strong background on IT corporate integrations as well as developing governance models as well implementing and maturing best practices of high performing TPM and PM teams. Dealing with a fast paced and ambiguous environment, having high judgment, negotiation skills, ability to influence, analytical talent and leadership are essential to success in this role.
• Bachelor's Degree [preferably in Computer Science] or 5+ years of equivalent experience
• 5+ Years' experience managing large, cross-functional strategic initiatives and projects with impact outside of IT
• 5+ Years' Experience with IT infrastructure, software technologies, or agile development
• 12+ Years' Experience of Enterprise Level Program Management [leading or operating]
• 10+ Years' Experience of Managing IT Corporate migrations and integrations activities
• Exposure to multiple project management methodologies is a plus
• Experience with information security, relational databases and cloud computing
• Experience within complex organizational settings (e.g., geographic dispersion)
• Managed IT Infrastructure projects such as co-location, network deployment, production operations
• Track of record on building IT solutions based on internal or external customer requirements
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us