TPM, Global Brick and Position Delivery
- London, United Kingdom
Amazon Web Services has an immediate opening for a Technical Program Manager to support AWS Global Brick and Position Delivery's data center scaling initiatives. The TPM will own delivery networking bricks for our global data center fleet.
The ideal candidate possesses 3-7 years of experience in program management, experience managing complex and large-scale and technology projects (including cost, schedule and performance for portfolios, programs, or individual projects), and developing/improving processes and procedures. Experience managing data center infrastructure or networking deployments is a plus.
Key responsibilities include:.
• Monitor the networking brick program's overall progress; anticipate risks, resolve issues and initiate corrective action as appropriate.
• Work with stakeholders (networking engineers/tech program managers/senior management) to define requirements and processes.
• Manage the dependencies and the interfaces between projects and negotiate the trade-offs needed.
• Provide program progress reporting on a regular basis.
• End to end responsibility for the program's execution and success.
• Manage multiple competing projects/programs simultaneously.
• Run meetings, create and maintain timelines, and keep large, diverse groups informed of progress and obstacles.
• Ensure consistency in deployed configurations and track exceptions for follow up.
• Develop and implement scalable, data-driven process improvement/automated solutions.
• Keep the customer experience as the primary focus.
The candidate must also be comfortable managing remote project delivery teams, and possess the ability to facilitate technical whiteboard sessions to troubleshoot project implementation issues and remove barriers to project success. This TPM will be fully competent in project management tools and techniques for all phases of the project lifecycle.
• Bachelor's Degree and 3 years of project management experience OR 7 years of project management experience (experience can be substituted for degree).
• 2+ years of experience in managing complex technology or infrastructure related projects.
• 2+ years of experience involved in data centers, networking engineering, and/or systems engineering.
• 3+ years of experience in core project management disciplines including scope, schedule, budget, quality, along with risk and critical path management.
• Master's Degree or advanced professional degree.
• Proficiency with MS Project, MS Office, and MS Sharepoint.
• Experience with and deep understanding of multiple project management methodologies.
• Basic Python, SQL skills.
• Strong negotiation and contracting skills.
• Proven ability to manage multiple, competing priorities simultaneously.
• Comfort with ambiguity; ability to be flexible in a rapidly changing environment.
• Proven track record of earning trust, taking ownership, and successfully delivering results in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
• Exceptional analytical, quantitative, communication, and presentation skills.
• Meets/exceeds Amazon's leadership principles requirements for this role
• Meets/exceeds Amazon's functional/technical depth and complexity for this role
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Back to top