At Amazon, our goal is to create great games. We believe in ground-breaking games that can redefine the boundaries of player experience and change the way the world sees digital entertainment. Games have the power to connect people at a massive scale, and creating these experiences will produce some of the future's most influential voices in media and art. We seek the best game developers in the world to join our team and become the architects of this vision. Join us, and you'll have the power of Twitch, AWS, and the entire Amazon ecosystem to shape the future of games. You will work alongside talented industry veterans, including key contributors from dozens of titles: Half Life 2, EverQuest, Left for Dead, Portal, Thief, System Shock 2, Age of Empires, Dawn Of War II, Halo, Planetside, The Last of Us, Gears of War, Forza, Bioshock and H1Z1.
Amazon Game Studios is hiring a Tools Engineer to provide custom, cross-discipline solutions that touch every phase of the game development life cycle. As a tools programmer, you will have complete access to the Amazon Web Services (AWS) infrastructure that is currently being widely used throughout the game industry. As an Amazon insider, you will have direct access to the teams who are building AWS, the world leading cloud system.
You will enjoy iterating with artists and game designers to break down technology barriers and deliver experiences people have never seen before. You will solve the hardest problems and ask for more. When no one else can figure it out, you're the one people turn to for help. You will be keenly aware of what the content creators are doing on the team, and you will be proactively making tools that make them more effective.
- Work with the design team to facilitate collaborative rapid iteration of a game in progress.
- Work with the art team to build art pipelines that enable live editing of assets
- Become an expert on the engine technology in order to assist developers, artists, and designers alike to achieve results they didn't know were possible.
- Support the team with infrastructure and integration of external technologies
- Dive deep on performance analysis and optimization
- Interact with the AWS architecture to provide world class data pipelines.
- Help drive the architecture and technology choices that enable a world-class user experience
- · Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or Computer Engineering or equivalent experience.
- 5+ years of game development experience, with demonstrated competency in tools development.
- Has worked as a tools programmer on a large team (20+ members).
- Strong Computer Science fundamentals in object-oriented design, algorithms, and data structures.
- Advanced software engineering skills, including the ability to write expert-level, maintainable, and robust code in a popular object oriented language like C#, C++, or Java.
- Strong 3D math skills
- Understanding of 3D game engine design and rendering techniques.
- · Experience with test driven development, functional testing, and automated testing strongly preferred.
- Experience developing for modern consoles (e.g. PS4, Xbox One).
- Shipped AAA game title(s)
- AWS Experience
- Real-time 3D game engine development experience
- Experience with both CPU and GPU profiling and optimization
- Experience writing shaders (e.g. Cg, HLSL)
- Experience with WAF, make systems, Incredibuild or Jenkins
Meet Some of Amazon's Employees
Senior UX Designer
Mae integrates human-centered design into tools that enable business partners to operate efficiently and intuitively. She analyzes customer needs and pain points to improve designs.
Back to top