TM1 Application Engineer
AWS Services Finance seeks a Financial Systems Developer with expertise in the areas of requirements gathering, technical design, development, deployment, and integration to solve budgeting, planning, performance management and reporting challenges. Solutions must strike the right balance between precision and speed, providing ever more scalable and granular data models and reporting, without sacrificing accuracy or agility. This position requires a high level of technical expertise within Cognos TM1.
On the AWS Finance team you will be surrounded by people that are exceptionally talented, bright, and driven, and believe that world class support is critical to customer success. To support this quickly growing business, you must be highly analytical and possess a strong passion for analytics and accountability, setting high standards, and razor-sharp accuracy. We take working hard, having fun, and making history seriously – you should too!
AWS needs individuals that bring the Corporate Finance experience AND the entrepreneurial aptitude to accelerate decision making and management of the business. Also needed is the intellectual capacity to produce innovative ideas/analysis and the willingness to do the heavy lifting to implement those decisions.
- Design, test and implement reliable, scalable, and efficient Cognos TM1 solutions.
- Design, test and implement user interfaces to the TM1 platform.
- Document TM1 and planning-related processes, model design and data flow.
- Partner with peer Finance teams utilizing TM1 to ensure consistent and seamless design.
- Document technical business requirements.
- Maintain OLAP multi-dimensional cubes and support dimension management, metadata design/maintenance and ETL development.
- Support the development of standard and ad-hoc reports, tools and templates.
- Perform analysis and partner with other finance staff to ensure the financial results are accurate and complete.
- Provide risk assessment for new functionality and enhancements.
- Identify process improvement opportunities.
- Author knowledge-sharing documents.
- Monitoring compliance with controls and systems, and developing new processes to support the fast-growing, global AWS business.
- 3+ years of relevant Cognos TM1 experience including system configuration, model building and developing reports or dashboards with TM1 and/or other reporting tools
- Relevant corporate finance experience exhibiting knowledge of financial planning, budgeting and forecasting functions and related processes
- Advanced knowledge and expertise with SQL, OLAP, and data warehousing concepts
- Bachelor's degree in Finance, Accounting, Economics or other technical discipline
- Direct experience using OLAP performance management (CPM) tools, preferably Cognos TM1 v10x (Perspectives/Architect), or similar technology (Hyperion/Essbase, etc)
- Familiarity with AWS solutions such as EC2, DynamoDB, S3, Redshift, and Aurora
- Familiarity and development experience with web services technologies is a strong plus (e.g. HTTPS, REST, XML, JSON, etc.)
- Experience developing scorecards and dashboards
- JAVA/PERL/Ruby/Python scripting language experience
- Experience with third-party ETL tools (IBM DataStage or Data Manager, Informatica, etc.)
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation
Meet Some of Amazon's Employees
Senior UX Designer
Mae integrates human-centered design into tools that enable business partners to operate efficiently and intuitively. She analyzes customer needs and pain points to improve designs.
Back to top