TM1 Application Developer
We need TM1 application developers! Within Amazon's Corporate Financial Planning & Analysis team (FP&A), we enjoy a unique vantage point into everything happening within Amazon. As part of that, our team designs, builds & maintains an integrated planning & reporting platform that enables hundreds of finance representatives across the globe.
In addition to requiring a high level of technical expertise within Cognos TM1, this role is about understanding the needs of the business, the data behind it, and how to transform this information into technical solutions that allow the business to make swift, informed decisions. Ideal candidates will have expertise in all phases of the software development life cycle in building models that scale over time while balancing accuracy, flexibility and speed.
The data flowing through our platform directly contributes to decision-making by our CFO and all levels of finance leadership. If you're passionate about building tools that enhance productivity, improve financial accuracy, reduce waste, and improve work-life harmony for a large and rapidly growing finance user base, come join us!
- Deliver reliable, scalable, and efficient Cognos TM1 solutions by managing all phases of the software development life cycle (SDLC), including requirements gathering, modeling & design, development, testing, deployment, integration, and documentation.
- Partner with peer Finance teams utilizing TM1 to ensure consistent design & integration.
- Work with cross-functional teams to develop solutions that accelerate cycle times, alleviate cumbersome manual processes, and ensure financial results are accurate.
- Identify process improvement opportunities to drive innovation
- Support dimension management, metadata design/maintenance, ETL development, and data validation processes.
- Rotational on-call availability for critical systems support
- 2+ years of Cognos TM1 work experience in developing end-to-end analytics solutions, including system configuration, model building, data security, and reporting.
- Relevant corporate finance experience exhibiting knowledge of financial planning functions and related processes.
- Excellent communication (verbal and written) and interpersonal skills, and an ability to effectively communicate with both business and technical teams.
- Quick learner with a positive attitude and professional demeanor, and strong analytical and troubleshooting skills.
- Bachelor's degree in Information Systems, Computer Science, Finance, Accounting, Economics or a related technical discipline.
- Direct experience using Business Intelligence (BI) reporting tools, preferably Cognos v10x (Report Studio, Analysis Studio, Workspace, Framework Manager), or similar technology (OBIEE, Business Objects, Tableau, MicroStrategy, SAP, etc.).
- Experience developing scorecards and dashboards.
- Experience with dimension management software processes and MDM tools (Oracle DRM)
- Advanced knowledge of SQL, Oracle, OLAP, and data warehousing concepts.
- Familiarity and development experience with web services technologies is a strong plus (e.g. HTTPS, REST, XML, JSON, etc).
- JAVA/PERL/Ruby/Python scripting language experience.
- Experience with third-party ETL tools (IBM DataStage or Data Manager, Informatica, etc).
- Familiarity with AWS solutions such as EC2, DynamoDB, S3, Redshift, and Aurora.
- Master's degree in Information Systems, Computer Science, Finance, Accounting, Economics or a related technical discipline.
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation
Meet Some of Amazon's Employees
Senior UX Designer
Mae integrates human-centered design into tools that enable business partners to operate efficiently and intuitively. She analyzes customer needs and pain points to improve designs.
Back to top