Come Make a Difference at AWS! The AWS Threat Mitigation Team (TMT) is growing and has exciting deliverables on the horizon! We are looking for an Analyst who can leverage existing education/training programs, technical pursuit of threats, and intelligence from internal and external sources to succeed in proactively identifying and mitigating threats to AWS. As a member of this growing team, you will be at the forefront of actively thwarting emergent and current threats to our personnel, customers, infrastructure, and our company.
Your innovation and willingness to take on new challenges will be invaluable as a TMT Analyst, where maintaining a deep understanding of today's threat environment of all AWS locations is key to providing actionable intelligence to investigative teams. Your ability to earn trust and work independently, collaboratively and cooperatively with business partners across Amazon to understand and address their business needs will improve the AWS security posture, enhance capabilities and systems, and further your success in producing comprehensive analysis products.
This position will be assigned to Baltimore, MD; however, Herndon or Arlington, VA, may be considered.
• Develop requirements for Software Developers, Data Engineers, and Data Scientists to filter and consolidate data to drive human insight and actionable results
• Create quantitative feedback mechanisms to drive automation and enable constant improvement/enhancement of analytical capabilities
• Query large datasets and perform deep dive analysis of internal and external data sets to identify trends, anomalies, and activities indicative of threat(s)
• Create complete, accurate and timely written analytic products for customers/business partners/leadership
• Communicate and collaborate with the AWS threat intelligence community and Amazon writ large
• Build and maintain strong partnerships; become the liaison and advocate between the analysts and engineers, by translating use case into technical requirements .
• Identify and produce metrics to measure effectiveness of analytic capabilities and data to drive business decisions
Inclusive Team Culture
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and we host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon's culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn ;and be curious, and earn trust.
Our team puts a high value on work-life balance. Striking a healthy balance between your personal and professional life is crucial to your happiness and success at AWS, which is why we aren't focused on how many hours you spend at work or online. Instead, we're happy to offer a flexible schedule so you can have a more productive and well-balanced lifeboth inside and outside of work.
This position involves on-call responsibilities, typically for one week every six to eight weeks. We don't like getting paged in the middle of the night or on the weekend, but when we do get paged, we work together to address and resolve issues as quickly and efficient as possible.
Mentorship & Career Growth
Our team is dedicated to supporting new members. We have a broad mix of experience levels and tenures, and we're building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship. Our team members enjoy one-on-one mentoring and thorough, but kind, product peer reviews. We care about your career growth and strive to assign projects based on what will help each team member develop into a better-rounded professional and enable them to take on more complex tasks in the future.
• Working knowledge of data formats, querying large datasets, and performing aggregations using SQL.
• Experience with developing requirements for Software Developers, Data Engineers, and Data Scientists.
• 3+ years of professional experience conducting complex security and counterintelligence investigations and/or analysis, enabling/producing successful results, mitigating or substantiating threats.
• Knowledge of threat landscapes across the technology industry and government entities
• Excellent communication skills (written and verbal)
• Bachelor's Degree in related field
• 5+ years of conducting complex security and counterintelligence investigations and/or analysis, enabling/producing successful results, mitigating or substantiating threats preferred
• Experience with deep diving into a raw data sets to determine fields and records/activities of value to enable efficient use of each data source
• Proven success in rapid, but accurate, assimilation of threat data compiled with suspicious activity used to substantiate or mitigate threats.
• Meets/exceeds Amazon's leadership principles requirements for this role
• Meets/exceeds Amazon's functional/technical depth and complexity for this role
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visithttps://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us