At Amazon, we're working to be the most Customer-centric company on earth. One customer experience that we are constantly looking to take to a new level is how we fulfil and deliver orders. Our goal is to exceed the expectations of all our customers by ensuring that their orders, no matter how large or small are delivered where and when they need them, as quickly, accurately, and cost effectively as possible. To meet this goal, Amazon is continually striving to innovate and provide best in class service levels through the introduction of innovative new products and services in the last mile delivery space. Come build the future with us!
We are looking for a Business Development manager who will be responsible for sourcing, vetting and securing Delivery Service Partners (DSPs) as part of a new growth program. The program gives entrepreneurs an opportunity to develop a profitable package delivery business with low startup costs and access to Amazon's technology and logistics experience.
This role supports the EU operation and requires the availability to travel based on business need. Based from our London head office, but alternative EU locations would be considered (such as Munich or Luxembourg).
Key functions for the role include:
• Development of national partnerships across Europe in the small business owner, entrepreneurship, and under-represented business owner communities
• Ownership of the overall Delivery Service Partner leads acquisition, recruiting and vetting.
• Working with Program and Product teams to create and improve new tech tools to enable a more efficient acquisition and tracking of DSPs.
• Working with Operations and central planning teams to determine current and future DSP needs, building a pipeline of high quality candidates to support as opportunities are available.
• Presenting our overall DSP program in front of groups, large and small, including a solid ability to answer complex questions on the fly. Qualified candidates will have an expert ability to translate abstract concepts into audience appropriate statements
• Bachelor's degree
• Languages: Proficient in English
• This leader has 5+ years of experience in business development, or account management with a proven ability to deliver results.
• Solid negotiation skills
• A history of developing effective value-add partnerships in ambiguous spaces
• Good communications skills and a high bar for accuracy and detail
• This leader is an owner and expected to work autonomously in a ever-growing and rapidly changing environment
• Competent in Microsoft Excel
• Additional languages are preferred but not essential as the role is UK based
• Prior logistics or human resources experience
• Knowledge of recruitment tools
• Knowledge of Salesforce
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We value your passion to discover, invent, simplify and build.
Protecting your privacy and the security of your data is a longstanding top priority for Amazon. Please consult our Privacy Notice to know more about how we collect, use and transfer the personal data of our candidates.