Theatrical Distribution Analyst
Amazon strives to be the world's most customer-centric company, where customers can research and purchase anything they might want online or offline. We set big goals and are looking for people who can help us reach and exceed them.
Amazon Studios launched in 2010 as a new way to develop feature films and episodic series—one that's open to great ideas from creators and audiences around the world. Amazon Studios Original Content is available to Prime members and is known for bringing customers the Golden Globe-winning and Oscar-winning films Manchester by the Sea and The Salesman, alongside the Golden Globe-winning and Emmy-winning series Transparent and Mozart in the Jungle. Prime members also have access to a collection of Amazon Original series for kids and an extensive library of Amazon feature films.
We are seeking an experienced Theatrical Distribution Analyst to join our marketing and distribution team. The position works closely with sales and operations and exhibitor relations. We are looking for a passionate Theatrical Distribution Analyst with at least 5 years' relevant experience. The role also requires excellent project management skills, an aptitude for data-analysis, a keen eye for compelling and innovative content (written and visual), and a passion for continuous testing. The team culture is fast-paced, creative, data and detail-oriented, and focused on delivering results in a deadline-driven work environment.
- Supporting the theatrical distribution team in determining strategy, release timing, rollout, trailer targets and industry trends
- Analyze comp title performance as part of the release planning phase
- Analyze title specific and overall slate actuals as part of post mortem processes and business reviews
- Managing sub-run, repertory and non-theatrical bookings
- Maintaining comprehensive theatrical release calendar
- 5+ years in relevant experience
- Excellent analytical skills and proven ability to use data to make decisions
- Proven ability to clearly and concisely convey information, ideas, and policies
- Ability to interact effectively and professionally with Amazon executives at all levels, as well as outside producers, agents and distribution partners
- Basic understanding of forecasting models, reporting and budgeting
- Solid entertainment industry knowledge.
- Knowledge of the theatrical and the entertainment business across the landscape
- Ability to juggle multiple priorities and excel in a lean work environment.
- Strategic and creative thinker who can bring fresh ideas to a rapidly growing business and changing industry.
- Thorough understanding of the distribution universe with the ability to tap into emerging trends, platforms and technologies.
Meet Some of Amazon's Employees
Senior UX Designer
Mae integrates human-centered design into tools that enable business partners to operate efficiently and intuitively. She analyzes customer needs and pain points to improve designs.
Back to top