Telecommunications Project Coordinator
- London, United Kingdom
Are you a self-starter and top performer?
Do you enjoy putting the customer at the center of everything you do?
Then come join Amazon's Fulfillment Center Network Delivery team. We are seeking a Network Delivery Specialist with experience in voice, data, and wireless circuit ordering, management, and delivery to join our group of highly skilled engineers and project managers. We are responsible for designing, building, and scaling Amazon's order fulfillment infrastructure in a fast-paced, dynamic work environment. You will be responsible for hundreds of voice, wireless, and Data telecom circuits that directly support the monthly shipment of millions of Amazon.com customer orders.
In this role, you will be responsible for the entire life cycle of wireless, voice and data circuits, both new and existing, needed for fulfillment operations in the EU. Organizational skills and attention to detail are imperative. Your ability to work independently with limited direction, communicate effectively with team members in disparate geographic locations, and drive circuit installation timelines will be critical to your success. You will work on a team submitting requests for quotes, ordering, budgeting and managing install projects of 400+ concurrent circuit orders while partnering closely with service providers, real estate, engineering and operations organizations to ensure circuits are correctly provisioned, delivered, and maintained. As a single point of contact for various aspects of the telecom circuit ordering and tracking process, you will be required to resolve problems and develop relationships at all levels of the organization, including outside vendors.
Key Responsibilities include:
• Serve as an interface for wireless, data and voice circuit ordering and tracking
• Obtain circuit quotes in a timely manner based on validated customer requirements
• Order, budget and track all open wireless/voice/data circuit requests and drive timely installations
• Generate and deliver consolidated status reports for IT leadership weekly
• Accurately record all circuit information to include location, cost, milestone dates, and circuit details
• Ensure circuit sizing, installation, and augmentation processes meet and comply with all Amazon polices and guidelines, specifically IT and internal Engineering
• Identify and resolve issues and conflicts with carrier circuit installs/activations
• Effectively communicate project risks to all stakeholders across all levels and take appropriate action to mitigate risk
• Audit utilization of active circuits, cancelling or disconnecting unused circuits
• Drive cost-savings and continuous improvement initiatives
• Assist in other administrative duties, including supplier invoice auditing, asset tracking, and inventory management
• Attend and actively participate in quarterly vendor business reviews
• High School Diploma
• Basic knowledge of telecommunication technologies (T1, DIA, SIP, PRI, POTS, 4G LTE)
• 1 year of project coordination experience
• Demonstrated ability to work in a fast-paced, ambiguous environment while prioritizing and managing multiple responsibilities
• Ability to escalate problems for any support needed for problem resolution
• Ability to coordinate with geographically dispersed support and engineering groups
• Bachelor's Degree
• 1 year of project management experience successfully delivering projects on-time, within budget, and in scope
• 1+ Records management experience
• Strong organizational skills
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We value your passion to discover, invent, simplify and build. Protecting your privacy and the security of your data is a longstanding top priority for Amazon. Please consult our Privacy Notice to know more about how we collect, use and transfer the personal data of our candidates.
Back to top