Telecom Support Engineer
- Dublin, Ireland
Are you inspired to work with a team than launches products with direct and massive impact on Amazon's customers? Are you excited to join one of the newest and most exciting AWS services?
Amazon Connect is a highly disruptive cloud-based contact center that enables businesses to deliver engaging, dynamic, and personal customer service experiences. Amazon Connect is the result of the ten years of development that went into building the tools Amazon uses to provide its award winning customer service at massive scale and launching it as a publicly available AWS service. With Amazon Connect, you can create your own cloud-based contact center and be taking calls in minutes. Amazon Connect leverages the power of Artificial Intelligence and the large ecosystem of AWS services such as Amazon Lex, Amazon Polly, AWS Lambda, Amazon S3 and Amazon Kinesis to provide a truly frustration free, easy-to-use, extensible, and natural customer experience. With this technology, we are transforming an industry and the way customers interact with businesses and how agents service them.
See our section in Andy Jassy 2020 re:Invent keynote
We are looking for passionate and talented Support Engineers to join our team to help us support and expand the Amazon Connect telecom infrastructure. Amazon Connect supports customer calls using an internally developed SIP based Call Center Platform. Our technology is compelling, as it solves a common problem in a novel way and it is unique in the industry. We are looking for engineers to help us expand our infrastructure to new global regions, support existing implementations, and innovate telecom network operations through tooling and processes to improve customer productivity. Be part of the team that handles a large amount of phone calls, among the largest in contact center platforms globally.
The position represents a rare opportunity to be a part of a fast-growing business soon after launch, and help shape the technology and product as we grow. You will be playing a crucial role in developing the next generation telecom infrastructure in the contact center, and get the opportunity to design and deliver scalable, resilient systems while maintaining a constant customer focus.
This team is a great fit for you if
• You enjoy working with a fun team that prides itself on a great work environment with an inclusive group of people that are working together towards a common goal.
• You are sensitive to customer needs and interested in working on a service that will be used, directly and indirectly, by millions of customers and has a meaningful impact to their functions and interactions.
• You'd like to be directly responsible for solving real customer problems.
• You are a passionate learner and are motivated to take on new challenges.
• You want to have fun; surround yourself with a highly talented pool of engineers that like to solve complex problems, but also enjoy work life balance.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• Passionate about customers and new technology
• Understanding of the Linux Operating System
• Strong background in TCP/IP networking fundamentals
• Experience with scripting
• Customer service experience / strong customer focus
• Strong analysis and troubleshooting skills and experience
• Experience troubleshooting telephony systems
• Experience with open-source VoIP systems like Asterisk, Free-Switch, SIPp, SER, etc
• Operational experience in a 24/7 production environment
• Experience working as part of a global team
Back to top