Amazon Web Services (AWS) is seeking a technical leader to help global telecommunications service providers and partners transform their businesses with AWS technology.
The problem domains are diverse: 5G monetization, network function virtualization, digital customer journeys, OSS/BSS transformation, mobile edge computing, hyperscale data and cybersecurity. At your disposal is the breadth of AWS, including artificial intelligence, edge computing, IoT, and data analytics.
As part of the Telecommunications Solutions Architecture team, you will collaborate with customers, internal AWS teams, and AWS partners to deliver solutions to the unique challenges of information and operational technology in telecom customers. You will be the single-threaded owner of the AWS technology strategy for your customer and account team to drive AWS adoption. The ability to connect technology with measurable business value while assessing risks, balancing trade-offs, and encouraging risk-tasking to maximize your customer's business value of AWS is critical to a solutions architect. You should also have a demonstrated ability to think long-term about business, product, and technical outcomes.
Our team is small and motivated. We come from diverse backgrounds, but what we all have in common is a huge curiosity, a passion for delighting our customers, and a desire to deliver technology that transforms their business. What's it like to work at AWS? Our team experiences high levels of collaboration, lots of multi-tasking, and often course corrections or new ideas that mean adaptability is key. We find creative and scalable solutions to our customers' difficult problems, and we own delivering those outcomes to the customer. We are also a geographically-distributed team, which means you will need to possess a high bias for taking action without immediate team consensus.
Principal Solutions Architects work on the most complex customer challenges and opportunities. They have a leading role in developing both the strategy and the team itself. They combine an informed view of the market with their understanding of emerging technology trends to speed-up innovation across their customer segment. Externally, they are recognized thought leaders and influence the strategy of our customers. Internally, they earn a reputation of role models and deliver bar-raising guidance to the broader Solutions Architecture team.
In this role, your creativity will link technology to tangible solutions, with the opportunity to invent cloud-native reference architectures for a variety of use cases.
You will take a leading role in the creation and sharing of best practices, technical content and new reference architectures (e.g. white papers, code samples, blog posts) and evangelize and educate about AWS technology and industry trends (e.g. through workshops, user groups, meetups, public speaking, online videos or conferences).
If you can educate AWS customers about the art of the possible, while challenging the impossible, come build the future with us.
This role is within the EMEA Telco organization and you would be working with large Telco customers.
Role requires domestic and international (mainly Europe) travel up to 30%.
- Background in any of the following: Cloud Architecture, Systems Design, Software Development, Infrastructure Architecture, Data Engineering or DevOps
- Experience driving technical and/or organizational change of significant complexity
- Experience in a customer-facing technology or engineering role
- Technical Degree (Computer Science, Maths, Engineering or equivalent) and/or relevant tech experience.
- Fluent written and verbal communication skills in English
- A passion for technology and for learning
- Experience in or with telecommunications service providers, network equipment manufacturers, or related telecom ecosystem partners
- Experience designing, building, refactoring or operating large scale and impactful IT systems - either on premises or in the cloud
- Working knowledge of cloud native architectures
- Experience in network function virtualization, OSS/BSS transformation, mobile edge computing, carrier grade architectures.
- In-depth working knowledge in a technology domain such as distributed internet-scale web or mobile applications, DevOps, Serverless, Big Data, Analytics, Machine Learning, enterprise workloads, high-performance databases (SQL and/or NoSQL), complex networking implementations, highly secured workloads.
- Experience working in a customer-facing role or a role which involved public speaking
- AWS certification (e.g. AWS Solutions Architect Associate or Professional) or other industry certification