Are you interested in shaping the future of movies and television? Do you want to define the next generation of how and what Amazon customers are watching? Prime Video is one of the leading digital video services on the Internet today, and we're just getting started changing the way millions of people around the world enjoy content. Now available in more than 240 countries and territories, Prime Video offers customers the broadest selection of any on-demand video service, including our critically-acclaimed Amazon Originals Series such as the multi-award-winning The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel, Tom Clancy's Jack Ryan, The Boys; UK-produced hit Amazon Original series like Good Omens, The Grand Tour, All or Nothing: Manchester City and forthcoming drama series The Power; exclusive TV shows like Star Trek: Picard, American Gods and Vikings; and movies like Late Night and Get Duked, plus live sport including ATP and WTA Tour and US Open Tennis and Premier League football.
Amazon Studios is the movies and television development and production arm of Amazon. It is our role to produce original content and license studio programs worldwide in exclusive service of Amazon's Prime Video customers. We need your passion, innovative ideas, and creativity to help take us to new heights.
Amazon Studios Technology is looking for a Technical Operations Support Engineer to help drive the execution and improvement of key service delivery processes throughout the Studios organization. Your responsibilities will contribute to supporting network, technology, software and devices across Amazon Studios global productions. TechOps teams support the Studios production personnel (cast and crew) and Studios business teams (development, engineering, programming and marketing). We work in a team environment and regularly interact with production personnel and studio executives at all levels.
The TechOps Support Engineer will have an excellent understanding of computers components (hardware and software) and a demonstrated willingness to learn and apply new technology. Regular activities include systems administration, troubleshooting, issue prioritization, root cause analysis in problem solving and escalation in a variety of software and hardware environments. A successful candidate will demonstrate a technical aptitude, the ability to deal effectively with people in a wide variety of situations. A successful candidate will also be able to prioritize a multitude of concurrent issues, able to escalate and demonstrate a proven ability to operate in complex situations. You will provide first and second tier technical support, contribute to enterprise cross-functional projects and interact with software developers, executives, vendors and other support teams.
• Experience working in a customer support environment.
• Experience working in a networking, IT and technical support environment
• Experience working in systems administration, storage solutions and internet connectivity.
• Prior experience supporting large-scale enterprise applications and technology.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills customers contact us via calls, chats, and email.
• Experience working in AWS cloud computing environments or equivalent associate AWS certification
• Experience analyzing, troubleshooting, and providing solutions for technical issues.
Strong customer focus
• Prior professional work experience as a systems administrator, network engineer or software development engineer.
• Demonstrates knowledge and understanding of networking, server, desktop technology and proven methods of providing innovative solutions to customers.
• Experience with scripting / programming
• Comfortable in an ambiguous, ever changing environment.
• Experience working within the Media and Entertainment industry.
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We value your passion to discover, invent, simplify and build.
Protecting your privacy and the security of your data is a longstanding top priority for Amazon. Please consult our Privacy Notice to know more about how we collect, use and transfer the personal data of our candidates.
All offers are conditional on references, verification of the right to work in the UK, and successful background screening check. This will include previous employment verification, qualification verification (if relevant) and a basic criminal check. Further details of this policy/procedure will be sent to you along with your conditional offer.