Technical Writer- Swedish-speaking
- Athlone, Ireland
Amazon is looking for an exceptional Technical Writer - Swedish-speaking, to maintain content and drive localization efforts needed for Amazon in Sweden.
Our external business client base is growing rapidly, and as a technical writer on this team you will interact with technical writers and business/product teams in Brazil, Mexico, the U.S., EU, Turkey and Asia to draft, edit, localise and review translations from US English to Swedish and maintain editorial content, including help pages, email templates for associates, and announcements for the SE Seller platforms. You will participate in content management efforts, process development, and quality governance in support of team success. This position will be located in Ireland.
The successful candidate will exhibit:
• Outstanding skills in writing about complex technical subjects to a variety of audiences with varying levels of technical knowledge.
• Proven experience of technical editing/writing in a similar role.
• Strong organisational skills, ability to prioritise and deliver results in a fast-faced environment
• Ability to be self-directed and effective working independently, yet equally comfortable contributing in a global team environment.
• Native speaker of Swedish with fluency in written US English.
• Outstanding localisation skills from US English into Swedish.
• Solid experience in project management and coordination.
• Affinity for technology and a proven background in technical writing or editing.
• Precise documentation and clear communication skills.
• Strong XML/HTML skills.
• Working knowledge of "Trados" or other CAT tools.
• Knowledge of CMS and machine translation is preferred.
In return, we will offer you a competitive salary, stock units and other excellent benefits. You will also have the opportunity to develop a rewarding career with one of the world's leading online retailers.
• Bachelor's degree in Swedish, Communications, Linguistics, or related field (Master's degree preferred).
• 3 - 5 years technical writing/editing experience.
• Strong bias for action and the ability to prioritize and meet deadlines.
• 3 - 5 years' experience with CMS, "Trados" or other CAT tools, terminology management, HTML and/or XML.
• Strong attention to detail and organizational skills.
• Self-starter with ability to manage multiple tasks in a deadline-driven environment.
• Experience working with product and UI designers and writing UI text.
• Experience working as part of a global team.
• Experience working in an agile content development environment.
• Personal initiative, flexibility, intellectual curiosity.
Back to top