Technical Writer - Proposal
Public Sector customers face unique challenges on their complex missions, and the AWS Proposal Technical Writer is a key part of helping them on their cloud journey. As a member of the Capture, Proposal, and Technical Writing (CPT) team, the Proposal Technical Writer is challenged to be creative, think big, and educate our customers on how they can use the AWS Cloud to address their needs. You will work with the CPT team to curate, grow, and update a library of approved content; research and document the ever-evolving internal AWS information; and coordinate with technical subject matter experts on solutions. Ultimately, you will draft clear, concise, accurate, innovative, and compliant responses to RFxs (e.g., requests for proposals, information, quotes) and customer inquiries, as well as research and synthesize relevant information to assist our APN Partners with their responses. You will also have the opportunity to work on papers, projects, and initiatives beyond the CPT team.
As a collaborative team member, you will work effectively across all levels of AWS as you research, write, and curate critical content under tight deadlines. You will proactively engage with key AWS stakeholders to ensure our responses are of the highest quality and that sensitive data is properly handled. You must be an outstanding writer with the ability to convey complex technical cloud solution, security, and compliance information in an easy-to-read, easy-to-follow, customer-focused format. You must be able understand RFx requirements, synthesize technical discussions, leverage existing content, and create new content.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Work directly with the CPT team to identify required content for responses
- Synthesize your research of pre-approved content and your newly developed, tailored content into compelling responses
- Collaborate with Account Executives, Partner Development Managers, Solution Architects, and other AWS technical resources to draft content for RFx responses and other required documentation for partners and customers
- Work under pressure to meet tight deadlines with compelling responses
- Innovate to constantly improve our approach to responses
- Continuously curate, grow, and update our team library of approved content, driving and organizing proposal content to maximize reuse effectiveness and utility
- Review final documents for editing and content completeness
- Act in accordance with vision, mission, and established goals
- Bachelor's degree from accredited University
- 3 years+ professional experience in proposal writing role
- Experience with developing winning RFx responses
- Strong organization skills for content management and collaboration
- Excellent technical writing skills and ability to create new content in response to emerging requirements while leveraging approved content and approaches
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and we host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon's culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
- In-depth knowledge of MS Word and basic familiarity with graphics applications such as Adobe Illustrator, Adobe InDesign, MS Visio or similar graphics tools
- Experience with government procurement processes
- Experience in the enterprise IT / cloud computing industry
- Ability to review and correct material for content, style, and compliance with internal and external standards
- Ability to document complex technical, legal, and compliance concepts and processes in a clear and concise manner in both written and graphic formats
- Strong eye for grammatical, spelling, and other editing errors
- Ability to meet strict timelines with limited resources
- Ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously
- Capability to handle sensitive material in compliance with all internal and external requirements
- Ability to work with company stakeholders across functional competencies and management levels
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer, and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, or other legally protected status.
Back to top