Technical Writer II - Alexa
"Alexa, find me a customer obsessed technical writer!"
Are you passionate about taking complicated concepts and translating those ideas into something that's both easy to read and meaningful to developers? Do you thrive in dynamic, fast-paced environments? Are you excited about Alexa and the future of voice? If yes, then you'll fit right in on the Alexa Applied Modeling and Data Science Team.
Alexa is Amazon's intelligent voice assistant that powers devices such as the Amazon Echo, Amazon Echo Show, Omaker WoW and ecobee4. We're looking for a technical writer who can hit the ground running and create the content, tools, and educational materials that enable internal contributors to onboard rapidly across job categories. You'll help create and maintain documentation of processes, training materials, lessons-learned/retrospectives.
Your expertise will include strong contextual writing, a love for coherent information architecture, and a hankering to dive deep and get things right.
As a technical writer for Alexa Applied Modeling and Data Science team, you'll need to put yourself in the developer's shoes and deliver the resources they need to get started quickly and contribute to our voice-enabled products – be customer obsessed!
The ideal candidate is an independent and curious self-starter with a demonstrated ability to produce high-quality technical content, drive complex documentation projects, collaborate with technologists, quickly grasp new technical concepts with enthusiasm.
- A minimum of 5 years in a technical writing role
- Proven experience designing and delivering customer-oriented documentation
- Experience writing for a highly technical audience, system administrator or developer
- Experience with an XML-based authoring system
- Experience with enterprise applications, developer facing APIs, and cloud computing is a plus.
- Experience with software architecture and/or infrastructure solutions is a plus.
- Experience working in an agile environment is a plus.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
Amazon.com is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation
Meet Some of Amazon's Employees
Senior UX Designer
Mae integrates human-centered design into tools that enable business partners to operate efficiently and intuitively. She analyzes customer needs and pain points to improve designs.
Back to top