Technical Writer II
Amazon.com Information Security – Security Risk and Compliance is seeking an experienced technical writer to help build and execute a program across the rapidly changing and expanding environment. You will be entrusted with the ownership of materials related to security and compliance templates, policies, standards, guidelines, wiki pages, training, and processes. This position supports internal programs with writing standards, editorial assistance, and communications.
- Researching, writing, and editing content that has a strong customer-focus
- Gathering data from solutions architects to create whitepapers, workbooks, guides, reference manuals, FAQs, events materials
- Quality assurance and regular update cadences for a 100+ document repository
- Coordination across teams to become central point of contact for primary source documentation
- Build a metrics program that gives insight to the business needs and efficacy: are materials being read? Are they innovative and industry-defining? Are we targeting the correct level of user? Is our branding and style appropriate for the relevant industry / geography?
- Basic Qualifications
- Bachelor's Degree in English, Technical Writing, or equivalent work experience.
- 3-5 years of experience in a technical writing environment
- Ability to build a program from the ground up that scales with business needs
- Experience creating templates
- Experience working with multiple content management systems
- Ability to design and deliver documentation across disparate styles - from event handouts to highly technical whitepapers
- Ability to message customer-focused security concepts across all levels of expertise, from Developers to C-Suite to Novice
- Have a keen visual eye and the ability to iterate at speed after measurement
- Experience localizing content
- Clear understanding of brand voice and the ability to execute consistently across platforms
- Preferred Qualifications
- UX/UI/SEO background
- Experience with Adobe CQ5
- Experience working with structured and unstructured content
- Experience writing documentation for Information Security subject matter
- Understanding of security concepts and best practices
- Obsessive about technical accuracy and strong attention to detail
- Passion to thrive in a fast-paced, constantly-changing environment
- A proactive and open-minded attitude to resolving problems and delivering results
- Excellent organizational and multi-tasking abilities
Meet Some of Amazon's Employees
Senior UX Designer
Mae integrates human-centered design into tools that enable business partners to operate efficiently and intuitively. She analyzes customer needs and pain points to improve designs.
Back to top