In Amazon Global IT, we want to create content that's easy to use and understand worldwide so our internal customers can get online support when they need it and find the right answers to their questions. A part of this is understanding that customer preferences vary, requiring us to cater to different needs. With this role, we'll focus on a variety of content types to drive customer engagement, productivity, and operational excellence. The role requires an individual who can innovate, move quickly, and not be constrained by how things have been done before. Specific responsibilities will include:
- Use an array of different media to produce materials that promote learning and task completion without requiring a visit to the IT helpdesk.
- Define quality, drive adoption, and evaluate success of AV content, driving continuous improvement through data and a deep understanding of customer needs.
- Pursue a deep understanding of IT business goals to ensure that AV solutions meet the needs of stakeholders and end users.
- Maintain knowledge of new learning approaches, technology, and tools through research to ensure our solutions deliver innovation.
- Participate in a community of content creators and subject matter experts across the organization to share best practices and identify emerging needs.
You must be comfortable taking initiative, operating at a global scale understanding cultural and local preferences, and working across teams in an agile environment. Your peers are level-headed, top-notch performers who insist on high standards, advocate passionately for customers, and proactively take the lead when necessary.
Global IT values diversity of thought and wants to grow through hiring people from a wide range of backgrounds, cultures and experiences, allowing us to continue to innovate for complex problems. We'll gladly take the time to discuss the role in more detail; candidates are encouraged to reach out proactively.
- 5+ years in content creation of all types including written, audio, visual and marketing, instructional design, and developing support content.
- Bachelor's degree in a relevant field.
- Demonstrated proficiency with content managmeent and production tools
- Strong knowledge of learning principles and methodologies with a track record of practical application in formal and informal contexts.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate difficult concepts and processes using clear and simple language and visuals.
- Successful record of building effective experiences leveraging a variety of media, such as video and audio clips, online interactivity, simulations, and illustrations and diagrams.
- Consistent delivery on commitments - great organizational skills with exceptional follow through and attention to detail.
- Able to prioritize in complex, fast-paced work environment.
- Innovative and proactive problem-solving skills with the ability to exercise integrity and sound judgment in complex and ambiguous situations.
- History of sparking improvements in content strategy through use of multimedia.
Meet Some of Amazon's Employees
Senior UX Designer
Mae integrates human-centered design into tools that enable business partners to operate efficiently and intuitively. She analyzes customer needs and pain points to improve designs.
Back to top