- Beijing, China
As a technical writer on China Solution Development Center team you will interact with the business/product teams, the solution builders and marketing team to draft, edit, localize and review translations from US English to Chinese Mandarin and maintain editorial content, including Solution pages, help pages, solution related documents, email templates for promotion, and announcements for the solutions. You will participate in the content management efforts, process development, and quality governance in support of team success. This position will be located in Beijing.
The successful candidate will exhibit:
• Outstanding skills in writing about complex technical subjects to a variety of audiences with varying levels of technical knowledge.
• Proven experience of technical editing/writing in a similar role.
• Strong organizational skills, ability to prioritize and deliver results in a fast-faced environment
• Ability to be self-directed and effective working independently, yet equally comfortable contributing in a global team environment.
• Native speaker of Chinese Mandarin with fluency in written US English.
• Outstanding localization skills from US English into Chinese Mandarin.
• Solid experience in project management and coordination.
• Affinity for technology and a proven background in technical writing or editing.
• Precise documentation and clear communication skills.
• Strong Word, Markdown and XML/HTML skills.
• Knowledge of CMS and machine translation is a plus.
• Bachelor's degree in Chinese Literacy, Communications, Linguistics, or related field (Master's degree preferred).
• 3 - 5 years technical writing/editing experience.
• Strong bias for action and the ability to prioritize and meet deadlines.
• 3 - 5 years' experience with CMS, HTML and/or XML.
• Strong attention to detail and organizational skills.
• Self-starter with ability to manage multiple tasks in a deadline-driven environment.
• Experience working with product and program designers and writing user interface text.
• Experience working in an agile content development environment.
• Personal initiative, flexibility, intellectual curiosity.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an interpreter or any support on-site, please inform our team.
Back to top