This position can be remote, but candidates must be based near an AWS office in the following locations: Atlanta, Tampa or major Florida AWS location)
Amazon Web Services (AWS) provides a highly reliable, scalable, and low-cost infrastructure platform in the cloud that powers hundreds of thousands of businesses in 190 countries around the world. AWS Training and Certification team is looking for a proven and an experienced leader to on-board, manage, and develop a team of Technical Trainers in order to deliver world-class AWS Training and Certification products.
To meet the growing demand for AWS Services around the globe, we need exceptionally talented, bright, and driven people. If you have previous programming experience via application/web development, and can communicate highly technical concepts to audiences at different stages in the AWS journey, we'd like to speak with you. We are looking for a dynamic, organized self-starter to join our Training Team.
Here's your chance to work as a Training Delivery Manager on a newly formed team, with high visibility and significant customer impact. You will execute on training programs that include delivering training to customers and partners, both internal and external. Our courses cover various technology domains such as Artificial Intelligence (AI), Machine Learning (ML), Big Data, Internet of Things (IoT), Serverless computing, System Architecture, System Operations, Application Development, DevOps, and Systems Migration.
In this role, you and your team will deliver training content to developers, administrators, architects, and partners to drive adoption and usage of AWS infrastructure services. You will have an opportunity to combine a passion for teaching, with enthusiasm for technology, to drive learning and establish positive customer relationships.
The successful candidate is an experienced technical trainer, preferably with hands-on experience using AWS products and services, in-depth knowledge of enterprise/web-scale software architecture, excellent communication skills, with a proven record of developing and retaining top technical trainer talent.
Here are some other qualities we are looking for:
The ability to engage deeply with engineering teams to plan for scale. Solving problems at scale is what makes our teams unique. You will dive deep with our product engineering teams to define our Learning Platform program plans and listen to customers to enable rapid innovation. Enjoy working with customers of all shapes and sizes. You will have a passion for managing a complex set of priorities for a diverse and challenging set of customers whether they are large or small. You will showcase your experience communicating and gaining business agreements across internal and external organizations.
Preferred location is Atlanta, Tampa or other major AWS locations in Florida. If not based in one of those locations, must be able to spend 30% of their time there to oversee Public Sector Training Delivery.
• Manage a team of 7-12 technical trainers, monitor their performance and work to develop them to the next level.
• Observe each of your trainers at least 3x per year; increase the number of observations with less tenured trainers.
• Play an active role in the onboarding and ramping of new trainers to your team and in the organization.
• Lead hiring efforts by conducting phone screens and in-person interviews to identify top talent.
• Deliver instructor-led classroom training to end-user customers and partners at least quarterly, to stay sharp on content, delivery skills and know what customers are asking for.
• Assist in developing and maintaining technical training content, lab exercises, presentations, and accompanying materials.
• Engage with a virtual, diverse team, Lead projects to drive process efficiency, and exceed customer expectations.
Please note this role will require 30% global travel.
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have twelve employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon's culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
Our team puts a high value on work-life balance. It isn't about how many hours you spend at home or at work; it's about the flow you establish that brings energy to both parts of your life. We believe striking the right balance between your personal and professional life is critical to life-long happiness and fulfillment. We offer flexibility in working hours and encourage you to find your own balance between your work and personal lives.
Our team is dedicated to supporting new members. We have a broad mix of experience levels and tenures, and we're building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship. We care about your career growth and strive to assign projects based on what will help each team member develop into a better-rounded professional and enable them to take on more complex tasks in the future.
• 5+ years of experience in programming, systems architecture or systems administration
• 7+ years of experience leading small to medium sized technical teams
• Proven record of developing and retaining top technical trainer talent
• Experience leading global roll outs of IT systems or projects
• Experience conducting classroom training for related technology products and services
• 3+ years of experience in Public Sector or supporting Public Sector clients
• Technical degree (i.e. Computer Science) or equivalent experience
• Knowledge and/or hands-on experience with AWS infrastructure services highly desired
• A strong "stage presence" and ability to manage a classroom of adult learners
• Self-sufficient, self-starter with proven success taking ownership of training projects
• Excellent oral presentation skills, interpersonal communication, and writing skills
• Experience designing and developing instructor-led content with technical subject matter content
• Subject matter experience and experience in at least two of the following:
• Artificial Intelligence (AI)
• Big Data
• Internet of Things (IoT)
• Large scale application or data center migration
• Machine Learning (ML)
• Serverless computing
• Software Engineering or Application Development
• Solutions Architecture
• System Operations
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us