Technical Program Manager - Sustaining
Amazon Lab126 is an inventive research and development company that designs and engineers high-profile consumer electronics. Lab126 began in 2004 as a subsidiary of Amazon.com, Inc., originally creating the best-selling Kindle family of products. Since then, we have produced groundbreaking devices like Fire tablets, Fire TV, and Amazon Echo. What will you help us create?
Work hard. Have fun. Make history.
The Hardware Sustaining Technical Program Manager (TPM) will lead internal and external engineering teams through the product execution phase process. The position will work with the Product Managers to derive the product requirements and obtain executive approval. The HW TPM is expected to drive and motivate the cross-functional team to deliver the product(s) as per the agreed-to requirements and cross functionally manage other internal team members. Responsibilities include, coordination and planning of all engineering builds at the supplier and drive the configuration management deliverables to ensure the timely release of all assemblies to production.
The individual must demonstrates technical leadership to:
- Drive execution of projects
- Lead cross functional retail project meetings
- Lead milestone reviews
- Present project status to the executive team
- Manage Retail project builds globally
Program Management experience in system design
Consumer type products; Tablets, eReaders, Streaming Media, and/or computer type products.
Experience in High Volume manufacturing
Bachelors Engineering degree in EE, ME, Physics and CS
- Technical Degree or equivalent
- Experience with high volume contract manufacturing
- Mobile device manufacturing experience
- Exposure to system/device development, build and planning
- Excellent verbal and written skills to communicate effectively
- Ability to multi-task and manage multiple programs efficiently
- Excellent leadership skills
- Hands on experience with development using outside supplier teams
- This position may require international travel
Lab126 is part of the Amazon.com, Inc. group of companies and is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer- Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation
Meet Some of Amazon's Employees
Senior UX Designer
Mae integrates human-centered design into tools that enable business partners to operate efficiently and intuitively. She analyzes customer needs and pain points to improve designs.
Back to top