Technical Program Manager - People Technology
Amazon People Technology is looking for a bright and motivated Technical Program Manager who has experience in managing multiple programs in a global environment across multiple technology platforms. The candidate will be responsible for managing programs/projects across the Human Resource technology stack, but with the focus on Time and Attendance systems.
This position requires the candidate to assemble a project team, assign individual responsibilities, identify appropriate resources as needed, and develop schedules to ensure timely completion of the project. The ideal candidate is a creative, demonstrated leader with superior analytical abilities. This opportunity requires excellent technical, problem-solving, written and verbal communication skills. The candidate will have experience defining projects, collecting requirements, writing detailed functional and test specifications, coordinating efforts to scope, schedule, and deploy new features sets as well as analyzing cost/benefits and communicating results throughout the organization.
Cross-functional technical expertise is required for this position. The candidate must independently lead projects and deliver expert level solutions based on thorough analysis of business requirements, and work collaboratively across the organization to identify opportunities for process improvements. The candidate should be capable of assessing the right balance of risk to allocate the right resources, remove bottlenecks, provide escalation management, balance the business needs versus technical constraints and encourage risk taking behavior to maximize business benefit.
- Understand the processes to define, design, and deliver business technical solutions based on a variety of Time and Attendance systems and applications.
- Collaborate with business stakeholders to develop product requirements.
- Collaborate with technical and design teams to define and design the product with the best customer experience.
- Drive the implementation and delivery of products.
- Clearly communicate goals, roles, responsibilities, and desired outcomes to cross-functional project teams.
- Support and enhance existing products with thoughtful and measurable impact.
- Bachelor's degree and 5 years' experience, or a Master's degree and 2 years of experience, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Experience in defining and prioritizing identifiable work items
- Ability to propose improvements towards technical and overall business processes.
- Develop and deliver progress reports, proposals, requirements documentation, and presentations.
- Ability to apply best practices to the software and system development lifecycle.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills across diverse audiences.
- Domain expertise in HR, Payroll, or Time & Attendance.
- Experience working with an international team and stakeholders.
- Experience in systems design, development, and support.
- Experience with PeopleSoft or Kronos in a technical capacity.
- Strong system integration experience
Meet Some of Amazon's Employees
Senior UX Designer
Mae integrates human-centered design into tools that enable business partners to operate efficiently and intuitively. She analyzes customer needs and pain points to improve designs.
Back to top