Technical Program Manager - Offers
- Seattle, WA
Check out our team videos:
Our systems are at the core of Amazon.com websites because we serve up the product and offering catalog containing billions of records. We are the authority for product information and critical purchasing data, such as availability and price. Offer and Remote Catalog Services (ORCS) respond to billions of requests per day from hundreds of internal clients that power the website and other customer interfaces, such as Kindle and Amazon Alexa. We get more traffic than most other Amazon systems and most requests are handled within a few milliseconds. Our team owns software running in a distributed, high performance, high availability NoSQL data storage system with an inbuilt micro-service computing environment that calculates and vends product and offering information.
In this role, you will participate in all parts of the software development process, from collaborating with customers on design to executing that design in a scalable and extensible way. You will have the opportunity to solve hard computer science problems and help the business every day. Successful candidates are passionate about translating high-level, ambiguous business goals to software platforms that enable multiple businesses.
As a TPM, you are empowered to:
• Interact with Project Sponsors, other Technical Program Managers, and multiple development teams to define and deliver complex cross-functional projects.
• Drive large scale projects spanning teams across Amazon from inception to conclusion, formulate the product vision, define user stories, research appropriate technical solutions.
• Clearly communicate vision, plans and project status to management and key technical and business stakeholders.
• Work closely with the software development team on delivering high-quality solutions, and provide guidance regarding architecture, design, and priorities.
• Engage with other teams across Amazon to evangelize the team and your projects, to build relationships and help identify existing technologies that can be leveraged to meet your team's goals.
• Identify, assess and mitigate risks, provide escalation management, anticipate and make trade-offs balancing the business needs versus constraints.
• Create, maintain and disseminate project information to stakeholders.
• Bachelor's degree or higher in computer science or math, 5+ years of software development experience, 3+ years of project management experience.
• Excellent program management, problem solving and communication skills; experience in interacting with technical and non-technical stakeholders at all levels.
• Strong problem solver and a track record of delivering large software projects in a leadership role.
• Master's Degree in Computer Science/Math or related field
• Experience taking a lead role in architecture, design, and in building complex software systems
• An understanding of distributed and service-oriented architectures.
• Track record for being detail-oriented with a demonstrated ability to self-motivate and follow-through on projects
• Proven analytical thinking, skills in metrics creation and project management, attention to details, and exceptional organizational skills
• Knowledge of professional software engineering practices and best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
• Experience with Agile development techniques
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation
Teams: ORCS, OLS
Org: IOP Offers
Back to top