Technical Program Manager - Mobile Shopping
Millions of viewers watch TV every day. They watch movies, their favorite shows, sports or even ads. There is no solution to purchase products right from your TV. In the TV Shopping team, we're solving exactly that. We intend to revolutionize the shopping experience on your television.
Since this is a new platform and we're still iterating on our product-market fit, we're operating like a startup within Amazon. Do we fully understand what an ideal TV shopping experience looks like? No! That is why, in true startup fashion, we're busy rapidly prototyping and experimenting. Join our team and help define how millions of customers will shop on their televisions.
We are looking for a talented Technical Program Manager who designs, drives, launches and owns delivery of experiments and new functionality at high velocity for the Amazon Shopping apps for TV platforms. The qualified candidate will own the coordination of release schedules, running sprint planning, resolving day to day technical roadblocks faced by the team, managing partner relations, and innovating on our mechanisms for rapid experimentation. If you are passionate about driving innovation, then we would like to speak with you about opportunities!
This role requires working closely with the TV Shopping team and key software development teams across the company to define strategy and requirements, and then lead projects through operations design and delivery. This position involves regular communication with management on status, risks and product strategy. Excellent listening, writing skills and strong technical competency are essential.
The ideal candidate has thrived and succeeded in delivering broadly adopted technology products/services in a very high growth environment where priorities shift quickly. She or he is a strong leader who can prioritize well, communicate clearly and in a compelling manner, and who understands how to drive a high level of focus and excellence.
From a business and technical perspective, this TPM will:
- Have a strong track record of shaping strategy for technical products or services
- Understand how to design scalable software
- Collaborate effectively with internal partner teams
- Have an entrepreneurial spirit
- Possess a strong understanding of the software development lifecycle
Professional traits which are not unique to this position, but necessary for Amazon leaders:
- Exhibits excellent judgment
- Has relentlessly high standards (is never satisfied with the status quo)
- Is able to dive deep and is never out of touch with the details of the business
- Has passion and convictions and the innate ability to earn trust of others
- Strong results orientation
If you're worried about technology and experience requirements- don't be. We're looking for smart, passionate and proven people; prior mobile experience is not required.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related field
- 5+ years of relevant work experience in internet-related technical program management in a software environment
- Ability to multitask and manage multiple projects - work prioritization, planning and task delegation
- Proven track record of taking ownership and driving results
- Experience communicating (written and verbal) with technical and non-technical stakeholders across multiple business units
- Experience with agile or other program management methodologies
- Master's degree in Computer Science and/or Business Administration
- Prior experience as a software developer
- Ability to deliver initiatives from conception through completion
- Curiosity to dig several layers deep into technical solutions with an eye toward continuous improvement
Meet Some of Amazon's Employees
Senior UX Designer
Mae integrates human-centered design into tools that enable business partners to operate efficiently and intuitively. She analyzes customer needs and pain points to improve designs.
Back to top