Technical Program Manager, Lists
Want to help invent a fun new experience that empowers customers to curate and find interesting ideas on amazon? We are in the early days of developing a novel community driving shopping experience that has broad appeal. We need smart and creative driven Technical Program Manager to take this budding idea and turn it into first class inspirational shopping reality on Amazon.
Amazon Lists (http://amazon.com/wishlists) is a high scale shopping service that powers a variety of list experiences including Wishlists, Wedding & Baby registries, Alexa and Amazon Business. It is on the verge completing its move to a shiny new platform and the time is ripe to build amazing experiences on top of the new platform. Idea List (http://amazon.com/ideas) is one such idea with a view to leverage community to inspire customers. We want to enable exciting new experiences from Augmented Reality to Machine Learning to Community contributions on the new list platform.
Roles and responsibilities include:
- Work with a cross functional team of 12+ engineers (SDE-1 through Sr. SDEs), UX designers, ML scientists, Product managers to develop detailed and creative solutions to complex problems while understanding tradeoff with investments in agility keeping watchful eye on timelines and development and operational costs
- Work with multiple List partner teams to drive optimal solutions with eye towards developer agility, operational excellence & functional extensibility.
- Translate multiple complex business requirements into engineering roadmaps while communicating in a simple manner to management chain
- Excellent customer experience intuition; demonstrated success in creating innovative and user-friendly websites and customer facing features.
- Analyzing customer behavioral, operational and product data to get actionable insights to drive product decisions
- Communicating product direction and success metrics and opportunities with senior leadership.
- 5+ years of Technical Program Management experience in a related industry
- 3+ years of coding experience in Java, C++, and Perl
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Computer Science or related technical field
- Experience managing efforts in Unix/Linux environments, distributed systems and/or developing large scale web applications
- A first-hand working knowledge of current web technologies
- Experience with data analysis using R or Excel
- Ability to communicate effectively with both technical and non-technical individuals.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills with attention to details.
- Track record for being detail-oriented with a demonstrated ability to self-motivate and follow-through on projects
- Experience in Retail industry, working with Pricing and/or Selection management.
- Time-management skills; the ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment and to manage multiple, competing priorities.
- Comfortable rolling up sleeves to perform quantitative analysis and do whatever is necessary to meet team goals.
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills; ability to use hard data and metrics to back up assumptions, recommendations, and drive actions
- Experience with driving operational excellence with large scale service
Meet Some of Amazon's Employees
Senior UX Designer
Mae integrates human-centered design into tools that enable business partners to operate efficiently and intuitively. She analyzes customer needs and pain points to improve designs.
Back to top