Technical Program Manager III
- Seattle, WA
Can you run large cross-organizational programs? Are you equally comfortable digging in to business requirements as drilling into technical design and architecture? Are you passionate about Machine Learning and software development? Do you want to create next-generation AI solution and tools? Are you obsessed with innovating on behalf of your customers? Are you persistent in bringing your ideas to fruition? The Alexa Data Services team is looking for a Sr. Technical Program Manager with a strong business and technical focus to lead critical programs.
The ideal candidate is a creative, demonstrated leader with excellent technical, problem-solving, and communication skills. This candidate should possess verifiable leadership qualities including being proactive, thoughtful, thorough, decisive, and flexible, conducting themselves professionally and with integrity at all times. You must know how to influence and motivate to get the right things done. At the core of the position is delivery. You will have a strong working knowledge of Machine Learning and software development processes and thrive in a fast paced, dynamic environment.
As a Sr. TPM, you will anticipate bottlenecks, provide escalation management, anticipate and make tradeoffs, and balance the business needs versus technical constraints. You will have an ability to take large, complex programs and break them down into manageable pieces, develop functional and technical user stories, then deliver them in a successful and timely manner. Maturity, high judgment, negotiation skills, ability to influence, analytical thinking and leadership are essential to success in this role.
In this role, you will:
• Lead planning, execution and delivery of projects across multiple teams, i.e. break down complex business requirements into manageable projects, write functional specifications, create system design, solve complex technical problems, interface with multiple teams, and deliver solutions in a successful, agile, and timely manner
• Own communication for technical delivery across these projects with senior leadership and across partner organizations
• Anticipate bottlenecks and balance business needs versus technical constraints to move these projects forward quickly
• Manage resource allocation for all projects across all technical teams and keep the overall program roadmap balanced.
-Prioritize investments in partnership with Product Managers and Business Stakeholders.
A successful candidate will bring deep technical, Machine Learning and software expertise, strong project management skills, good judgment and desire to have an industry wide impact and ability to work within a fast moving environment in a large company to rapidly deliver services that have a broad business impact.
• 7+ years of relevant engineering experience
• Experience managing projects across cross functional teams, building sustainable processes and coordinating release schedules
• 5+ years of technical program management experience
Experienced in understanding and contributing to the technical architecture and design of a product/ feature(s).
• Ability to understand and evaluate architectural designs for strengths and weaknesses and balance technical trade-offs against business ones.
• A strong desire to work in a fast paced dynamic environment.
• Understanding of Machine Learning algorithm and applications
• Strong collaboration skills pulling teams together and willingness to roll up one's sleeves to get the job done
• Proven track-record of taking ownership and driving results
• A Master's degree in Engineering, Math, Computer Science or MBA
• Superior verbal and written communications skills with high attention to detail including precise and effective communications
• Ability to think strategically and execute methodically
• Ability to work autonomously in a highly demanding and often ambiguous environment, with attention to detail and organizational skills
Back to top