Technical Program Manager - Forecasting
- Washington, DC
The Amazon.com Topline Forecasting and Insights team is looking for a customer-focused, technically savvy, detail-oriented senior technical leader to join our software development team. Topline Forecasting and Insights team owns the system that produces long-term forecasts for Amazon's business which drives Amazon's long-term strategic planning, as well as insights for business teams to understand the risks and opportunities and take actions. This team has high visibility to senior leaders and the projects have great impact on Amazon's business.
As a leader of the Topline Forecasting and Insights team, you'll play a key role in solving some of the world's most complex technical challenges associated with building intelligent systems to help senior leadership making billion-dollar business decisions. You will lead the software development team to apply Big Data, Machine Learning and Statistical Algorithms techniques to solve real business problems at Amazon's scale, manage the software lifecycle end-to-end. You'll collaborate with world-class economists and research scientists, build automated forecasting software that solves a variety of use cases in Amazon, and help to speed up the iteration cycle from experimentation to production.
Technical side, as both Big Data and Machine Learning are in their infancy stage, we keep exploring and investing on new technologies which can help the team to scale and move faster, Cloud Architecture, Serverless, Data Lake, Spark, a lot of exciting things are down the road, if you don't want to miss them, come join us!
• 7+ years of relevant engineering experience
• Experience managing projects across cross functional teams, building sustainable processes and coordinating release schedules
• 5+ years of technical program management experience
• - 10+ years of industry experience in software development.
- A minimum of 3 years of software management experience in leading full lifecycle development
- A minimum of 5 years Software development experience in C/C++, Java, Python, Ruby and Linux
- A minimum of 2 years experience with large scale system architecture and design principles is required.
- BS/MS in Computer Science or equivalent.
- Experience with AWS, Distributed computing and Big data handling is a plus.
• - Proven track record of software delivery
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to present complex technical information in a clear and concise manner to a variety of audiences
- Capable of thinking creatively, deal with ambiguity, and manage changing priorities
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Demonstrated a bias for action, and experience making things happen in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- A passion for people management and mentorship.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to present complex technical information in a clear and concise manner to a variety of audiences.
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer - Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation
Back to top